My 1959 Telefunken Console Record Players Plays too fast

Username: Penner75

Post Number: 1
Hi there - as my subject reads, i have a 59 console record player Hi-Fi Console. It's playing too fast though. I've researched so many things to see whats going on - and i really don't know how to fix it.
I've read some of the previous discussion boards - and i need help in layman's terms.
Please help!
-Mahi

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15483
Welcome to eCoustics Penner75!

Can you list the model?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15531

The answer depends on just how fast it is playing. If it is off by a small percentage, there might be a chance you can get by with a good cleaning performed by a professional willing to take on a 1959 Telefunken. As you can imagine, there aren't many of those technicians around. If it's playing quite fast, then parts will most likely need to be replaced. There are even fewer of those than there are technicians willing to replace them.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15484
Penner

I repaired few old Telefunken recorder in the past, sometime the motor is sinchro with the AC then sometime you can adjust the pitch but without the Model I can do nothing!

Is the pitch is mechanical or throught a DC motor?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15485
Penner

Is the "pinch roller is good without trace of fissure on the rubber roller?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15533

There's no "pinch roller" on the turntable. There might be and probably is a drive hub but Penner will have to remove the platter to do any examination of the parts. How much "repair" are you willing to pursue, Penner? Are you willing to hand a basket case over to a tech for him to repair at higher cost after you've possibly not succeeded? Or, are you confident you can manage repairs if you have parts?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15488
Sorry

Pinch roller >Idler wheels
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message