Why the "No Disk" message?

Silver Member
Username: Kevincorr

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 732
My Rotel 1072 has started to not start unless I jog the cd tray open and shut and, or advance the tracks up a few.
It was dependable until this suddenly started.
Is it usually an expensive repair? We only have one repair shop in town. Maybe I will have to mail it out for repair as I did my dead Onix amp.

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13366
You'll probably have to send it out. I know the best Rotel guy in the lower 48. Perhaps I'll give him a call. Probably Thurs as I think that's the next time he's in.

Silver Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 194
Sounds like the laser is dying. Usually, replacing it is unfortunately cheaper in our throw away society. You should get an estimate then decide. If it's real old, you may just be better off with one that's new and up to date. I had a heavily played Sony cd player that gave out after 7 years. It couldn't play cdrs and it would have cost more to fix than replace, so out it went.

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 733
Thanks. I don't know the year except that the 1072 was out from 2003 to 2008. Art, I can call your guy and see what he thinks. Good timing that I have a NAD cdp on its' way!

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13368
He's close to retirement, Kevin, and hasn't been a Rotel dealer for several years. I still have a nice Rotel CD player he modded some years ago and he recently told me that he still has several mechanisms for these players. Here's the deal though, I'm a friend and he is still willing to work on my stuff. He may not even take your call. I'd be happy to give you the number though, give me some time to give you a lead in and it may be OK.

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 734
Thanks Art.
I will talk to the one repair shop here who fixed my HsU VTF2 powerd sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us