First (used) CD Player

Username: Chisei

Bainbridge Island, WA USA

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone! I am looking for a CD Player, my first, and I have a small range of options open to me. I have basically no A/V experience, which is why I'm posting here, because despite my interest, I still don't know what I'm talking about.

The few players I am looking at right now that are convenient for me to buy are:
the Technics SL-P370,
the Sony CDP-215 CD,
the Cambridge D500 (normal, not SE), and
the Denon DCD-620.

These are all in similar price ranges, but from what I've been able to find, they're all at least decent. I'm not able to audition any of these, unfortunately.
I might want to get two, to use different places or to have one to mess around with and transport, and get to know the inner workings, but perhaps I should just find a cheap one for that. I WOULD like to learn more, mainly about audio equipment, but I have to start somewhere
Can anyone give me some advice on what I might want to get? }

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4158
Buying a used CD player can be a crap shoot. I've bought used before, but I've been lucky.

What's the budget?

Are the players you listed currently for sale in your area?

Username: Chisei

Bainbridge Island, WA USA

Post Number: 2
Yep, these are listed locally. My budget is low, one of the reasons I'm looking for used. That being said, I might put in up to 80 bucks? The Cambridge D500 is being sold for $50, which is a huge deal off it's retail price, from what I could tell by poking around. The other ones are being sold for 20-30. Really very cheap, but I don't see much need for me to spend more at this point. In the future, definitely.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15278
I dont find anything outstanding from one to another. Buy 2

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4172
At this price point I would skip the used CDP, which will probably break or malfunction in no time at all and go straight to the PC/DAC route. You can pick up a cheap USB DAC that will sound better than any of these CDPs for around 100 bucks or so.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us