Broken needle on my Technics SL-Q2

Username: Vexican56

Post Number: 1
I'm a total noob when it comes to record players and have no idea what I'm doing. My uncle recently gave me a Technics record player in great condition and a Technics Stereo Graphics Equalizer, and a Pioneer Stereo Receiver. During the process of getting it up to my room a lot of wires got unhooked and I have no idea where to put them, but that isn't my main problem. I think the needle on the record's headshell is broken or something because it isn't working. Is there a place I can get a needle? Are they expensive? Really appreciate any suggestions and advice :D

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1271
First, to find out if it is or isn't working, make sure it is plugged into the phono input on the receiver and that the selector switch on the receiver is also set to phono.

You may want to look at the tip of the needle....the part that touches the record. It should be a very tiny point on the end of a little piece sticking down out of the cartridge at about a 45' angle.

What makes you think it is broken? Was there some harsh handling while moving this stuff around? Most TTs have a way to lock the tonearm down and prevent it from moving.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us