Best DVD player under $600

Bronze Member
Username: Tomcat

Allentown, PA

Post Number: 34
I am looking for a DVD/CD player that will play DVD Audio, SACD, DVD, CD and few other formats. I am putting together a high end system around Rotel Amp/Pro and Martin Logan Electrostatic speakers. I do not have much budget left now and I can only spend max $600 on a DVD player.

What do you recommend in this budget that is better in price performance over Cambridge Audio DVD-87 which I heard good things on this forum. I do not care about HDMI but must need Component Video.

My listening/viewing is 50-50% with an average of 15 hours in a week.

Silver Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 121
Well, what I'd do is buy a nice dedicated CD player for music (duh). Then wait till I have the $$ to buy a decent player that could do DVD and all the new DVD audi stuff.

You can always pick up a used DVD or CD player for temp. use for dirt cheap till you have the funds for a nice dvd player. Then dump the used unit.

Silver Member
Username: Jimkw

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 138
So Dan you are saying you can't get a decent DVD, SACD and CD player for under $600.00? I got the Denon 1920 for around $350 and I'm very happy with it, especially for sound quality on the SACD and DVD-Audio. I have to admit picture quality could be better, but I'm not using the HDMI feature.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3163
I doubt you will beat the Cambridge dv89, with componant and video uprating for most anything, Kamran, go have a look and let us know!

And maybe have a coula skins left over from that 6c.

Bronze Member
Username: Tomcat

Allentown, PA

Post Number: 42
My TV does not have HDMI but it does have Component. I would have to buy an HDMI card for my plasma and the cable to go along with it. Both of which will put a dent of $300.

The dv89 does have Component video output. Do I really need HDMI connection to get 720P? A good component cable should be able to support 720P or even higher.

Username: Kuhe

Post Number: 2
yes ,great

Silver Member
Username: Kbear

Canada

Post Number: 748
I think you forgot to post your spam link.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us