DLP sub
I'm really impressed for my room size.

26X13X7.5
going from a paradigm dsp 3100 version 1 and ep500
I couldn't find a negative review.

wow..
tight , accurate ,
power bla bla bla....

so if this product can upgrade my setup ..
then I'm all for it..

best place online to get one?
thanks..
vince

theaudioguy.ca

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1327
Cool, but 1 minor hitch.
It doesn't 'fix' the room.
It corrects the bass at 1 location. If you are primarily a solo listener this is a terrific way to go. If you need to cover more area, than other systems which measure several points and provide an average correction may be more desirable.
Bass. Can't live with it. Can't live without it.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14993

This was sent to me by email from Tweek Geek. I have no idea who else might sell the unit or their pricing.

"Average correction", leo? You prefer grading on the curve?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1328
For the single location listener, this bass correction device is pretty hot. The sweet spot will only be so large. For persons who need a larger sweet spot, one of the systems which take multiple measurements and 'average' them may work better.
It is even possible that in making the bass better at your listening spot, you make it worse somewhere else....as if that mattered to the single listener.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14994

Are you and I reading the same page, leo?

"Ease of Use
The Anti-Mode 8033 is very simple to use. The calibration process is completely automatic: it generates frequency sweeps to the desired calibration point (or multiple points) and measures the combined transfer function of the subwoofer-room system.

Compensating for Room Modes with the Anti-Mode
The calibration program self-generates sweep-like measurement signals and picks up the data with included microphone. The process will autonomically define parameters of the room modes ... This will eventually lead to the designs of custom-fitted Anti-Modal Filters, AMFs. Up to 24 distinct AMFs can be designed, although far less are usually ever needed for one position. The extra AMFs give the algorithm more freedom when extending the effective area of the compensation for more globally improved results.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1329
Just went to there site and had a quick look.
Indeed....multiple points!
Now, the sweet spot can be quite a bit larger.
If I had 300$+ to 'test' I'd be tempted. My irregularly shaped room would be a nice challenge with good payoff.
Did the back panel have 0degree and 180degree outputs?

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14997

The online literature claims the unit distinguishes itself by also making multiple corrections for phase and time anomalies.

I know nothing about this unit, leo, what I read is what you can read. I just thought this might be an interesting addition to this portion of the forum since someone might find this unit useful. I can neither endorse nor denouce this unit since I have no hands on experience with it.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15157
If it works as advertised, it's a pretty good deal, especially if someone wants to move furnishings a lot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us