McIntosh MCD201

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2697
Anyone know what the list price is for a MCD201? Just wondering...

Bronze Member
Username: Wiredcon

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 41
David, you just wanna talk about Mc stuff, don't you? (after your mc amp purchase) sure you could've done a quick online search if it was just retail price. lol.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2702
I did Ryan Ryan. I didn't find local Canadian prices. Thanks for being an asshat.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 12715
Does your dealer carry new Mac stuff, David?
I don't recall if your amp was a trade-in or not.

I bet it is 3500, min, PLUS the gov't share, of course.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2710
Yes, they do Nuck. I'm planning on stopping by one day after work and talking to them. Wanted to get a baseline for the going price before I did.

3500 is about what I figured too.

Bronze Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 43
David- it wasn't my intention to be rude, but admit that I wasn't being considerate. I didn't see your location until now. My apology.

I've heard that on discontinued models, dealers will have room for discount. So, there's a chance to get MCD-201 for a bit lower than going rate.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2711
ah, ok... Cool Ryan. Thanks. Its easy to take emails out of context.

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 817
Hey Dave,

Made a couple calls for you. Spoke to two of my local Mc Dealers.
The first warning, from both dealers - stay away from the MCD201. Though one of the dealers didn't have first hand experience, they both said that the model was plagued with mechanical issues. These mechanical issues have been fully resolved in the new MCD301, which has much better drive/mechanicals.
Neither of the dealers have any of the MCD201 left in stock and they were all sold sometime ago.
Two different dealers gave me two different quotes, as follows on the MCD301:

MCD301:
$4500 USD (exchange at time of order placement)
$5400 CDN

I expect that if you can find a 201 you will get a steep price break; however, given the problematic mechanical history, I'd be looking for a dealer's warranty. I'd be concerned with buying privately to only find out my 201 seized and it has to get shipped to McIntosh.

Cheers,

G

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2714
Wow, cool - thanks for the legwork George. I appreciate it. I had no idea about the reliability issues with the 201s.

$5400 for a CDP is steep, man.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12717
Uhh...pass...deal me out

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2715
Yeah man. That's crazy.

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10049
Yikes...there are alot of great digital rigs under that price.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12719
thats Canadian $, so figgur 3500 US, AND we have 12% tax!...bend over...

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10050

Bronze Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 44
Many of those known issues on MCD201 has been addressed with software update, and that "mechanical" issue is with the transport.

Some did experience noise from transport (open/close)and disk-errors from certain CDs..

Even though there are known issues and avoided by dealers for such problems, especially, after Mcintosh ditched the 201 in favor of 301, there's no doubt it is still a very good sounding player. There are many users who have been happy with its performance without issues as well.

There's no question 301 is a better machine all together, but its steep price tag makes many wonder. Obviously, there are plenty of choices in that price range.

On top of that, it will be a tough one to find a brand new MD-201 from an authorized dealer nowadays. Maybe, a demo unit with 10-20% discount is my gusss.

Personally, I like BCD-1 and Electrocompaniet CDP over 201. Both can be had under 2k nowadays in used market.

But again, for Dave, it would be hard to resist that combo look from Mcintosh :-)

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2719
That's sorta what I was thinking Ryan. Besides Mac sounding good, it looks good, especially with a stack of 'em.

Bronze Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 45
Well, there's a brand new factory sealed MCD301 available for $3299 on AudioAsylum that you might be interested in :-)

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2733
That's actually a pretty good price.

Considering the exchange rate, it would work out to about 3800 CDN, plus probably 100 bucks shipping, and import duties (if any?). A Mac should be covered under NAFTA rules, so no import duties - they're fully manufactured in Binghamton, correct?

What's the catch?

Bronze Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 46
Umm...nothing that I can think of except that you won't be entitled for any warranty service.

This might be something you would be interested in as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/McIntosh-MCD301-CD-SACD-Player-NEW_W0QQitemZ120436459383QQcm dZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0a928777&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkp arms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1234%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C29 4%3A50

Many Mcintosh dealers do gve out discounts to the level they can't publish the price in public.

You might as well want to check some Mcintosh dealers in Canada for MCD301.

If you need a specific one, send me an e-mail. I will send you a name of the dealer who might be able to get you a deal. He's a canadian dealer.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12812
The postman always rings twice...

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2739
Well in this case, the Fedex man.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12815
He rings 3 times and scopes out your wife

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 2029
Is everyone aware of McIntosh's trade up policy that is still in effect. At least it was when I last checked. For trading in a decent working piece of McIntosh gear, you 75% of its original purchase price towards the retail price of the new McIntosh item you are buying. You have to do like for like, tuner for tuner, amp for amp, etc.

I discovered it by putting "McIntosh" into the search field on Audiogon.

Now you just have to find that $400 McIntosh CDP on Craigslist that originally sold for $3600.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12816
what, another one?!?

Gold Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 2031
No, I need to find that $400 McIntosh pre-amp on Craigslist that originally sold for $3600. LOL

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2741
I've seen the trade-up program advertised before. For a brief moment, seems like a pretty good deal. I'm done upgrading now, though, especially now that I have my next to new MCD-201 sitting happily in my audio rack :-)

Gold Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 2032
Sweet!

Except of course the pic you meant to include with your last post did not arrive with the post.

How is it that compatibility / synergy thing working for you David?

Bronze Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 47
lol... I thought it was the other way around. The"desperate housewives" scope out the postmen while they ring "three times."

Only if it was that easy...I wish.
Accordingly to a local dealer, you must be able to provide a proof of purchase from an authorized dealer by YOU, no one else.

And, in case of that 75% trade-in, most dealers will go with original retail price without giving out any discounts towards your choice of new mcintosh gear and10-20% discounts from the original retail on demo/trade-in gears.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2742
Oh man Mike! It's awesome.

I just spun a couple of tunes to make it was in working condition, and WOW. The smoothness and clarity of the combo is just ridiculous. This is exactly the sound I've been looking for - it's so damned musical.

I know what I'm doing tonight.

Bronze Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 48
David- Congrats on your CDP
I've listened to both MCD201/301 side by side in all mc setup. The difference was subtle and I was able to tell only when I did A/B testing.

MCD301 is a re-badged 201 with 500 metal transport and minor electronic adjustments to accomodate the new transport.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2743
Thanks Ryan. I've heard the 301 many times at my dealer's before. Not sure how much better the 301 would sound here in my listening room, but I'm pretty darned happy with the 201.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12820
Atta boy Dave!

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 614
Dave, that is awesome. Congrats. Could your wife talk to my wife ?

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2745
It's all about the reciprocal purchases Chris. My wife has an obsession with expensive purses and shoes, which I whole-heartedly encourage.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12824
And Dave walks the shop carrying the purchases, so he ain't mailing in the credit card.
3 attaboy's will get you a waytogo.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2746
lol Nuck. You almost make me sound fiscally responsible, which I am most definitely not.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12825
Whew! Scratches balls, wipes beard.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 2279
Tsk, tsk, tsk, David.

Congrats man, musical nirvana is bliss - or is that a double entendre?

Anyway, I know about the 'shoes and handbag' thing - also fashion jeans, leather jackets, dresses etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,

And so they should!

Gold Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 2035
I wish Marsh would buy another power tool so I could get that sense of needing to experience fairness.

I mean really, you can't have too many chain saws can you?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12827
So many wanna-be Canadians, so little time...

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 2281
Slumberjacks!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12829
dammit, exposed!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 827
Dave the Mc Daddy!

I'm sure no eCoustics tonight, just a couple beers and the sheer joy of musical nirvana.

Enjoy, enjoy...

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 615
Trouble is David, my wife doesn't have any such obsession. She's horribly practical. She spent $150 on a sewing machine a year ago and she's still lamenting spending "all that money". Kidding aside, I wouldn't trade her for anything. Even a Mac.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2747
A good wife trumps good audio any day of the week Chris.

I just spent an hour or so spinning some discs. Everything from the Doors to Slipknot. The 201 leaves my CA 640C so totally in the dust.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2748
New pics of the rig are up here gents:

http://picasaweb.google.com/dbmdata/MyAudioStuff#

Sorry for the finger prints on the glass..... my bad.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12834
Great pics, David.

It looks top heavy, hehe.

Silver Member

Post Number: 829
Dave, those are an absolutely beautiful couple on those shelves and I noticed what looks like a Sony Receiver sitting there for ballast, I guess...LOL!
No it is really sweet...I can only imagine the sweet sounds out of those Sttafs right now.

Silver Member

Post Number: 830
Oh Dave, now you've got a get a pair of those microfibre furniture gloves so you don't muck up those ladies' faces with your sticky little fingers. he he.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2752
Yeah, it's a little top heavy Nuck. I didn't want to cram the 6300 on the 2nd shelf and give it no room to breath (although I've found it doesn't get even warm to the touch after hours of playing).

The ballast on the bottom shelf is my Yamaha 2 channel receiver that drives my 4 outdoor speakers on the back deck. It's actually quite a robust little unit, and sounds alright. For a Yamaha.

I should really get some gloves George.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2619
That is sick David. Way to go man. I got to get a taste of this MAC gear everyone is buying up these days.lol

Bronze Member
Username: Betamax

Canada

Post Number: 71
Congrats on the combo, must be sweet.

I was in HiFi Centre in Vancouver today listening to all their Mac gear -- awesome sound though expensive -- but the really crazy-expensive gear was the $48,000 (CAN) Mac speaker cables. They're about as thick as a vacuum hose and each runs through a spheroid pod thingy containing some kind of sci-fi audio filtering technology. Wild stuff.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2773
Thanks Frank. Yeah, the combo is super sweet. It's actually addictive sitting down and listening to music again. It just sounds so musical and wide open.

That being said, after spending some time now with the 201 there are a couple of things that I don't like. One is that it takes quite a long time (compared to my CA). With my CA I could put in a disc, and it would load almost instantly. With the 201 it takes a good 20 seconds of loading before the disc play.

Another thing is that (and it's only happened once so far) is that the player locked up in the middle of a song. I had to reboot the player

Silver Member

Post Number: 856
Dave, it's great to hear that you're enjoying the sound. Maybe you need to do some web searches on those particular problems you're experiencing. To the 20 second delay - well you don't rush a real lady but the lock up sounds like she's a little tempermental. Have you tried any duped CDR's? Does she play burned media? I'd think that may test her reading capabilities. From what I've read, a number of people have had problems with even Apollo's reading some CD's.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2774
I've done quite a bit of searching on the locking up problem with the 201, and I've found that it's a very common problem. There was also lots of complaints about the noisy transport, but mine is pretty much dead silent.

As for the locking up problem, apparently there is a firmware update that can be applied that apparently fixes the locking up problem. I've contacted McIntosh to see if they can hook me up. Hopefully it's something I can do myself, but I doubt it.

I haven't tried any burned CDs at in it. I only listen to the original copies.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2784
Happy to report that after an extended listening session last night the 201 worked flawlessly (knocking on wood here). I could have stayed up all night listening to music, however my session came to an abrupt end after my Great Dane came charging into the room and launched herself on top of me, spilling beer all over me, my couch, and my McIntosh remotes.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10162
Dude, I was out of town when this happened...congrats David! Glad it's all working great as well.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2785
Thanks Art!

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3699
Dave,

Congratulations on your new purchase. happy to hear it's sonically what you were after.

Most likely the firmware update will be a file you need to burn onto a disc and then 'play' in the player.

Frank.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12893
A couch might be cheaper to replace..........

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2787
Thanks Frank. The sound I have now is "it". It's what I've been after with all these crazy upgrades.

As for the firmware update, I was hoping it would be that easy! That's how I update the firmware on my Blu-ray player.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2788
For sure Nuck. Now my couch smells like Newcastle Brown.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3708
Dave,

Well, of course I could be wrong since I don't know McIntosh kit, but it's the most usual way of updating players. The only other method is using an RS232 connection on the back of the machine. More painful typically, hence the more usual 'disc-reading solution'.

Frank.

Silver Member

Post Number: 868
So you got McDaned eh...LOL!

Hope that Mc straightens itself out with the firmward. Any Mc dealer should be able to guide you, I'd think. They must deal with the question all the time. What about your Mc dealer? You've done enough business with him for him to give you a hand..huh?

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2803
As you know George, lot's of problems with the 201. When I first got it a week and half ago it worked perfectly, then one night a few days later.... the dreaded lock-up. I did a lot of research on the 201 before buying it was that either they worked flawlessly, or they were shite. I was hoping I would be one of the lucky ones, erring on the side of the McIntosh reputation.

The lock-ups have gotten worse, and now CDs that play fine in my 640C (in fact, the 640 has skipped a grand total of once in two years) are skipping like crazy.

So, at George's suggestion I contacted the dealer (I bought it from a dealer via Audiogon) and to my surprise, the dealer offered to give me full credit for the unit toward anything else I wanted.

So, I have a demo 301 (for additional cost, of course) coming my way, shipping the 201 back.

What a pain in the @ss, but at least I'm not out all that money.

Oh yeah, I called McIntosh today and spoke to a rep at length. Of course he wouldn't say that the 201's were not good machines, but he did say that the 301 is a whole different ball game. He also said a firmware upgrade probably wouldn't fix my unit, his guess was that the 201's transport got knocked out alignment during shipment.

I'll key ya all posted.

Bronze Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 49
Dave- Sorry to hear that the player didn't work out for you, but hey you are gonna end up with a better CDP all together without buying more of Gucci bags j/k

I could hear the difference between 201 and 301 when I abed the players side by side.

I'm sure you will love the sound. I'm just sorry for your wallet!

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 2324
Sorry to hear Dave, but now you have the excitement of a new player again. I wish you all the best with the 301, I'm sure this will be 'the one'. Lucky you bought from a decent dealer.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2804
Thanks Ryan. Yeah, the wallet is taking a hit man. But I'm hoping after this that'll be it for awhile.

I really love the sound of the 201 (when it's working). I switched between the 201 and my 604C last night and there was such a huge difference. The 201 is way more musical, has a huge soundstage and just sounds right. By comparison the 640C sounded dull and closed in.

If the 301 works as I hope, I'll still be way ahead of the game compared to how much it would have cost me new here in Ottawa to buy it.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2806
For sure M.R. I was fully prepared for him to wash his hands of the whole thing since it was an Audiogon deal, and I be screwed.

Bronze Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 50
I was about to pull the trigger on MCD301 myself lol
Can I ask what kind of price range you had to pay for 301? I would appreciate it, if you could PM me, or e-mail me.

My local dealer doesnt wanna give out much of discount on Mc gears. I've been looking at Agon deals as there seems to be a huge gap between dealer price and Agon (used) prices.

Anyway, as far as I know, 301 has 500 transport and the tweaked electronics to accomodate the new transport from 500. Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference when I did hear them seperately as both share the same sound Sig, but when I did AB tested side by side, the difference was real. 301 was more accurate and defined on imaging.

Some say 301 is a tad bit warmer than 201, but I think that would depends on your system and your ears

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2807
My local dealer told me once that McIntosh dictates and enforces how much of a discount it's dealers can offer.

The 301 here in Ottawa new goes for $4700, plus taxes. Ouch....

PM inbound!

Bronze Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 51
Thanks Dave, and PMed you back!

Bronze Member
Username: Betamax

Canada

Post Number: 75
Dave, sorry to hear about the problems with the 201, but sounds like you're going to be fine with an even finer CDP.

$4,700...ouch, glad you're getting a deal. I might move up to that arena one of these days, but I'd have to lie to my wife about the cost. Well, wouldn't be the first time.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2815
The funny thing is, since I've contacted the dealer about the issues, the problems with the 201 have ceased. Go figure. They'll probably get the unit back, try it, and think I'm full of sh!t.

If I could be assured the 201 would work flawlessly from here on it I would keep it. It just sounds so good! But I'm actually interested now in hearing the difference (if any) between the 201 and 301.

The McIntosh synergy is just awesome.

Silver Member

Post Number: 873
I guess that's Murphy's Law in reverse or Chaos Theory in reverse.
Good buy 201, hello 301.
You'll be better off in the long run Dave and will never need to worry whether the 301 is better.

All the best with it.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2818
Thanks amigo.

Bronze Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 52
Maybe, you should order one for me as well, and send it right back to the desert!

Sucks how they do business down here!

Well, tell us how you like it compare to 201. am sure you will appreciate its faster loading time lol.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2820
If it works Ryan, I will like it.

Dude, you should call them on their statements. Mention my name...

After I receive my 301 in perfect working condition, mind you.

Bronze Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 53
David, any news on your MCD301?
I'm considering an Int amp from Mcintosh as well, and would like to hear your impression on MCD301 with your 6300.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2835
It's in Ottawa now, and has cleared customs (according to the Fedex website). I'm hoping it gets delivered today.

I got some balanced cables from Nuck, so I'm really excited about hearing the combination with the balanced connections.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12949
Poor baby, what a day to come down with the sniffles...
Don't infect the Fedex guy, LOL!

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2836
Looks bad calling in sick on a Monday. My boss probably assumes I'm hungover.

Oh well.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10274
Bummer about the 201...but great news about the 301...party on!

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2837
The 301 is here! Glad I stayed home today. I got it all hooked up with the balanced connections, but haven't had a chance to sit down and give it my undivided attention yet. I left it running in the background today while I was working, and so far there's none of the issues I had with the 201, and it sounds GOOD. Like really good.

More details to follow.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10287
Outstanding David! My next move will be to upgrade my cd player...I think, certainly needs to be.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2840
Don't you have the Apollo Art? Why do you feel the need to upgrade it?

Hopefully this is the last CDP I ever have to buy. I have a pretty substantial collection now and I want something that's going to sound good to me for a very long time.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10288
My new speakers, the DeVore's have revealed the weak link. The Apollo performs fine however the DeVore's will resolve greater inner detail by far as I found out yesterday playing records. The P3-24/10x5 combo mopped up the floor with the Apollo.

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 883
Dave, the sound, the sound...when you get a chance. Cheers.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2841
I'm back... just spent an hour or so listening to it. One thing I gotta mention is the build quality of the 301 is better than the 201. It feels a little heftier and solid, and the disc tray is much more sturdy than the 201. The tray on the 201 felt and looked like one of those CD trays on a cheap computer. The tray on the 301 is thin and solid, with no play or looseness. It even had the McIntosh logo screened on the inside of it. Nice touch.

Now about the sound. It's warm, but still very precise and detailed at the same time. Not sure if it sounds better than the 201 exactly (it actually sounded really, really good), but it sure is a lot of fun to listen to. I never really "got" PRaT until I owned a McIntosh CDP.

Art, if you get a chance to audition a 301, I heartily recommend it.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10290
As soon as it goes down, way down in price...like used.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2843
I bought a demo, otherwise the price tag was just too large.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 2340
Congrats Dave, glad you are a happy camper now. I feel the same about my Saturn, I just love it. A review coming soon. I would like to say this will be my last player for a long, long, long, long time, but who knows what the future will bring (or how silly I become) :-)

Happy listening!

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2844
Thanks M.R.!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12951
Thats great David!

Listen sommore, then try the single ended connection?
Let us know as you get more comfortable with it.
Are you using the amp remote, or do you need both?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 627
Glad it all worked out David. You've got quite a system there to be sure.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3729
Nice to hear it's working properly Dave! Happy times...:-)

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2847
Thanks guys. To answer your question Nuck, seems I have to use both the remotes, which seems kinda silly. The CD remote has a volume control on it, but won't talk to the 6300. Anyone know if this is possible?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2636
Congrats David. Good to hear its all working out.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2858
Working out good Nick. I've been listening to the 301 for the last 5 days or so for 1-2 hours a night. It works flawlessly (which I would expect).

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13008
Have you tried the single ended connection, David?

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2860
Not yet Nuck. It sounds so good I haven't felt the need to experiment.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2644
Thats awesome David. Glad its working out.

Gold Member
Username: Stryvn

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1160
Somehow I missed this thread.

Congrat's David! Very nice system you've built there.

How about a tt with that Mac.....vinyl heaven.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3402
"The CD remote has a volume control on it, but won't talk to the 6300. Anyone know if this is possible?"

Have you tried a Harmony remote? I bought one a few months back, on cleanence at Best Buy for $40. After owning it, I'd have paid full price had I known how handy the thing is.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13012
I think Mac needs a go-between box for the remtes to interchange.

Chaching!!

Silver Member
Username: Jazzman71

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 805
Nice David. Glad it worked out. Sounds like a nice pairing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us