Naim - above and beyond. Wow!

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 2040
This says so much for Naim here.

I called my Naim dealer, from whom I bought my speakers about a replacement remote for my CD5i as mine had died. He didn't have one. I emailed the distributor and he quoted me a figure that was a bit out of my reach.

Consequently I received an email from him saying that he would send a replacement gratis to my dealer - assuming I had purchased the player from him.

Reluctlantly I emailed him back to say that although I had purchased speakers from my dealer, I had acquired the CD5i on Ebay and I thanked him for his very kind offer anyway. And I thought that would be the end of it.

Until today. I just received another note from him telling me that he has sent a replacement remote to my dealer and for me to contact him to pick it up.

I'm flabbergasted and very thankful. How's that for service above and beyond the call of duty?

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3573
Interesting - I've never known a Naim remote control to die. Sure, they use up batteries, but actually die? Never...

Good service from the disty...too good really...

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8987
Outstanding MR. Always good to read about folks who understand the value of good service.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2141
So you received the remote from a Naim distributor and not Naim itself? That's interesting.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 2041
I guess he's looking after the brand name (Naim) he's responsible for here. That a remote only a few years old on this calibre of player should no longer operate would not do. Who knows what has transpired between the distributor and Naim. But because the remote is multi-tasking it would not be improbable to have a spare or two on hand. It's just a very decent thing to him to do and because of it my will to upgrade within the brand and dealer (when the time comes) has only been reinforced.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11632
And spreading the word at home and abroad is a very fair trade for such exceptional service. Very good indeed!

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2155
It's very smart on his part. A little goodwill goes a long way.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3580
M.R.

<adopt deep voice>

You will be assimilated, along with all your friends on this forum...mwahahahaha...

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 643
Resistance is futile.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 2047
Yeah well, I've just ordered a CD555 and a Supernait.

In my dreams.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3586
If you're gonna dream, dream good, it's gotta be:

CD555, NAC552, NAP500, SL2, n-Sub

Oh and throw in the HDX for background streaming...

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 2050
That would be in my wife's nightmare, Frank! LOL!

Silver Member
Username: Jazzman71

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 574
Very cool M.R. Naim just moved up the CS ladder. And it cost them what? $100?

"Interesting - I've never known a Naim remote control to die. Sure, they use up batteries, but actually die? Never..."

Which is exactly why they replaced it--my guess.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us