Elitefan please hepl me!!!

hey elitefan this is Sarandon. I had just tried out the new Yamaha RX-V1400 and I was dissapointed how the receiver was set up. To me the damn thing was like it was put together to fast. The cool thing that the THX processing did a great job taming the Yamaha's brightness. Also the RX-V1400 does not have THX post processing for DPL II or DTS Neo:6 Movie modes. Now I know that you said that Klipsch and Yamaha sound bad together but I will try it anyway with the RX-V1400. And if I dont like it, I will return it and try to get the Pioneer Elite VSX-55tx. When I get the VSX-55TX, I will need your help. And do you know if the 55tx has the new Dolby Pro Logic IIx? DPLIIx is a new decoding that takes a two channel or 5.1 channel source and turns it into a 6.1 or 7.1 surround sound. Can you find out for me if the 55tx has it?

elitefan
Sarandon,
I just looked at Pioneer's website[www.pioneerelectronics.com] and it only mentions Pro LogicII. I don't no if this would be a deciding factor for you but hope not. My roommakes it impossible for me to have a 6.1 or 7.1 system anyway and I would rather use the back surround amp to drive my kitchen speakers but it does see like Pro LogicIIx would be a nice feature. I find Pro Logic II to be so much better than regular Pro Logic for cable movies and tv but don't use it much for music. Good luck.

Sarandon Johnson
thanks elitefan for the info!!! now my next question is with the receiver you have. will Pro LogicII play on all speakers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us