Behringer Ultradrive Pro DCX2496 Speaker Management System

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3186
This looks promising the Behringer Ultradrive Pro DCX2496 Ultra High-Precision Speaker Management System and like the (dbx 4800 that's been installed at the Empire Leicester square as part of its THX installation), the Behringer Ultradrive Pro DCX2496 is priced normally around RRP £327.83 but at mad price of £168.99 at
Turnkey yeah that positively on the list for the summertime.

Upload
Upload

dbx 4800
http://www.dbxpro.com/4800/4800.htm

Behringer has something along the same lines yet the cost is has high as $3K! No, this one can be picked up for $249.99 or £168.99 at Turnkey site over here in the UK.

Turnkey / Behringer Ultradrive Pro DCX2496 Ultra High-Precision Speaker Management System
http://www.turnkey.co.uk/web/produc...496&context=WEB

Parts-Express / Behringer Ultradrive Pro DCX2496 Ultra High-Precision Speaker Management System
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/psh...tnumber=248-669

So I have plans to save up and buy a few yes a few is needed to address the audio and at the price these are going for well that's a huge saving

Upload

Behringer Ultradrive Pro DCX2496
http://www.behringerdownload.de/DCX...SPECS_Rev_C.pdf

The ULTRADRIVE PRO DCX2496 is the ultimate digital loudspeaker management system with an unheard-of audio quality and feature list. It is an indispensable tool for the precise set-up of multiple loudspeaker systems or arrays.

Installation contractors, live-sound engineers, cinemas / discotheques / concert hall operators will quickly learn to love this model's rich features. Signals can be split in various ways to assure precise sound by using the optimal frequency range of each loudspeaker.

Start with its 3 analog inputs (one suitable as a digital stereo AES / EBU input) and 6 analog outputs. You get maximum flexibility in just one rack space. Superb high-end AKM 24-bit / 96 kHz A/D and D/A converters give you ultimate signal integrity and an extreme dynamic range of 113 dB. Easy connection of external digital signals with sampling rates from 32 to 96 kHz is a breeze with the integrated sample rate converter. There are precise dynamic EQs for level-dependent equalization and extremely musical parametric EQs, selectable for all inputs and outputs, and "Zero"-attack limiters on all output channels guarantee optimal signal and loudspeaker protection.

You also get four different mono and stereo output operating modes, all with individual crossover filter types (Butterworth, Bessel and Linkwitz-Riley) with selectable roll-off characteristics from 6 to 48 dB/octave. The delays for all inputs and outputs are adjustable. This allows you to manually or automatically correct for room temperature, phase and arrival time differences. An additional sum signal is easily derived from the A/B/C inputs.

Now that remote control is such a hot topic, you'll be glad that the future-proof ULTRADRIVE PRO software enables single or multi remote control via PC through RS-232 and RS-485 interfaces. And the link option via RS-485 network interface enables cascading of several ULTRADRIVE PROs. A Windows-based editing software is available for download free of charge. No matter what the future brings, its open architecture assures easy software updates. A PCMCIA slot allows you to store all your settings and recall them anytime you change the location-virtually taking your ULTRADRIVE PRO with you.

But don't be fooled by the ULTRADRIVE PRO's sleek design. Its high-power 32-bit SHARC-DSP and ultra-high resolution CRYSTAL/AKM A/D & D/A converter provide outstanding audio performance-and the servo-balanced, gold-plated XLR connectors for all inputs and outputs guarantee excellent connectivity for the years to come.

Features:

3 analog inputs (one suitable as digital stereo AES/EBU input) and 6 analog outputs for maximum flexibility

High-end AKM 24-bit/96 kHz A/D and D/A converters for ultimate signal integrity and wide dynamic range (113 dB)
Integrated sample rate converter for easy connection of external digital signals with sampling rates from 32 to 96 kHz
Precise dynamic EQs for level-dependent equalization and extremely musical parametric EQs, selectable for all inputs and outputs

Several types of EQs (LP/BP/HP) for each input and output
"Zero"-attack limiters on all output channels for optimal speaker protection
Four different mono and stereo output operating modes

Individual crossover filter types (Butterworth, Bessel and Linkwitz-Riley) with selectable roll-off characteristics from 6 to 48 dB/octave

Adjustable delays for all inputs and outputs-allow manual or automatic correction for room temperature, phase and arrival time differences

Additional sum signal derived from the A/B/C inputs offers a fourth internal input signal
Future-proof ULTRADRIVE PRO software enables single or multi remote control via PC through RS-232 and RS-485 interfaces (www.behringer.com)

Link option via RS-485 network interface enables cascading of several ULTRADRIVE PROs
60 user-defined internal presets storable via PC software or on PCMCIA card
Open architecture assures easy software updates

Ultra low-noise 4580 operational amplifiers for outstanding audio performance
Servo-balanced, gold-plated XLR connectors for all inputs and outputs

High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction for long life and durability
Internal switch-mode power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus lowest possible power consumption

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3718
I've just ordered the first unit it will take ten or less days for it to arrive in the UK with next day delivery at £5.99 total cost £174.98p WOW!

The first unit will address the LCR for a short while before I update the amplification and the front LCR in active mode.

The second unit will address the either the fronts along with a with third unit to handle the LCR surrounds and LFE.1 with LCR surrounds being feed to the sub bass extension while LFE.1 is handled in a different fashion whitest being driven by the JBL 4645.

A fourth and fifth unit will handle the left sidewall surround arrays centre back surround arrays right sidewall surround arrays. The fifth unit will handle height surround arrays.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7090
I've just ordered the first unit it will take ten or less days for it to arrive in the UK with next day delivery

Upload

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3719
Hmm, not sure what that's, suppose to mean anyway? At any rate I'm sure you have lots of audio problems with your home cinema enjoy it!

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3992
Well after months using it with just the EQ filters and other features I finally switched over to the active cross over mode last night.

I like it now that all three screen channels are in (active cross over mode) it's a problematic issue to loose most of the EQ filter bands due to the X over function but after listening to some of my favourite films late of last night and this even with some extracts from, The Bourne Identity films with clearer wider frequency response on the ole JBL Control 5.

The harsh brittle sound in the mid bass has been greatly reduced with warmer sounding tones HF is free from that cross talk which resulted in shrillness that was too much too bare.

The cross over is set for Linkwitz-Riley 24db LF 50Hz to 1KHz -- HF 24db 1KHz to 16.1 KHz 80Hz +7.0db Q 1.0 for the LF LCR channels.

Audio limiter
-16.6db LF LCR
-20.0db HF LCR

The dynamic EQ needs a little more experimentation at the time being but it does sound way better than before only wished I had larger JBL monitors matching LCR for the fronts but I'm pleased never the less very pleased.

I noted how clear STAR TREK the motion picture sounded when Sulu was pressed a button right channel just before Enterprise departed wow now that's how I remember it in the Empire Leicester square back in 1989.

Going back to the Jason Bourne adventures with the wild car chase in "The Bourne Supremacy" toward the end was cracking tire screeching and metical hits glass and gunshots shined surprisingly over the three-screen.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3993
Other technical issues like fully calibrating the unit in with the surrounds sub bass extension and LFE.1 I'll conduct at a later time as this is very exhausting for me I have a few more DCX2496 to add on for the surround LFE.1 and an additional unit for height and centre back surrounds as well as other unit for sub bass extension.

I'll have to do a lot of re-plugging here in order to get the sub bass extension to respond lower and with steeper cut off point as the one that is used on the sub bass extension isn't lower enough anyway I'm winning here I'll play it by ear for the time being.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2030
I'm considering this Behringer to drive my 3-way Klipsch speakers. The signal path for stereo might look like:

Philips SA-963 --digital--> Behringer --analog--> h/k receiver 6-ch analog inputs --> Klipsch drivers.

It would allow time-alignment of the 3 drivers. Would this sound better than the more traditional:

Philips SA-963 --analog--> h/k receiver 6-ch analog inputs --> ALK Universal passive crossover --> Klipsh drivers.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2083
Follow-ups to my question to the speaker forum :

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/393124.html

Thanks.

Username: Jeethen

Richards bay, Kzn South Africa

Post Number: 1
have great difficulty in setting up my behringer speaker management system, just cannot get the system to sound right, have tried adusting the EQ's many times, but i am not sure if i am doing the right thing. i get it to sound right but with higher volumes it often sounds bad. can someone post their settings for a conventional stereo setup with a pair of tops and and pair of bass bins. i am using the LH LH LH configuration at the moment. i just need the EQ settings and dynamic EQ settings if possible and any other further info will be much appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us