Ayre CX7e CDP

Silver Member
Username: Lamcam

Orange County, CA USA

Post Number: 142
Have anyone heard this player yet? To me, it's a huge step up over my last Saturn. I am a proud new owner of this player.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8344
The Ayre is a fine player. I've listened to that player on a number of occasions and like it a great deal.

I have a neighbor who has the same player along with his whole Ayre system connected by Nordost Valhalla cables and driving Aliante Iperspazio speakers. Very detailed and easy on the ears. Alot of air and a huge soundstage with excellent imaging.

He does not like my Rega stuff and really hates vinyl.

Though I really like the Ayre it isn't my preference as I actually like the Saturn that you have/had better but can easily see why many would not.

For folks who prefer the Ayre's type of presentation I give it my highest receommendation as it really is difficult to better it at any price.

Silver Member
Username: Jazzman71

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 428
Interesting approach to filtering and DAC that I have not seen before. Looks like a nice unit. Specs seem a little sparse for a mid- high-end unit. Of course, they really don't mean much when you get beyond a certain point anyway. What matters is how it sounds. Hope you enjoy it.

Bronze Member
Username: Dudywoxer

ScunthorpeUK

Post Number: 72
I had a listen when I last changed CD players. The Final 3 were Ayre, Linn, and the Rega. I bought the Rega

Silver Member

Orange County, CA USA

Post Number: 143
I have to send this player back to the seller. It stop working after 2 days with me. The player does not read any cd that I put into. It sounds wonderful, I am really sad to depart it. I am not sure what player should I get after this one. Don't know if any player can get better than it. Any recommendations?

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 427
If you liked the Ayre, how about...

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEGENDARY-Wadia-DAC-12-Transform-CD-Player-Sound_W0QQitemZ30 0268743886QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 430
Listen to this:

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?dgtlplay&1233689911

Great machine and you will not beat this price for a lightly used one. I love mine. Industrial grade transport and built like a tank.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/meridian-g08-vs-cary-303-300-a-175929/

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 428
Or...

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?dgtlplay&1231811385&/Simaudio-Nova-

Silver Member

Orange County, CA USA

Post Number: 144
Thanks for your recommendations! I will look into them. I think I am falling in love with the Ayre, and going to buy another one.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 431
I think I am falling in love with the Ayre, and going to buy another one.

After 2 days? Make sure it's love and not lust. LOL.

Silver Member

Orange County, CA USA

Post Number: 145
LOL...maybe you're right...

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3437
If you've found a machine which really presses your buttons, you'd be crazy to try anything else. I know that receiving something which breaks after 2 days is very disheartening and makes you question your choice, but Ayre have a very good reputation, both for the quality of their units as well as their customer service. After 2 days you're entitled to a new one. I'd just shrug and hope for the best on the next one. If it happened again and again then I'd worry and look around, but not on the first (unlucky) strike.

Silver Member

Orange County, CA USA

Post Number: 148
The seller (a dealer) said that he will send it to Ayre to fix it. I dicided to have it back after Ayre fixed it. I hope that it will live longer. Yes Frank, if it die again, I sure will look elsewhere.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 489
So what's happening with the Ayre, loc? Got it back?

Silver Member

Orange County, CA USA

Post Number: 154
Neil, no, I did not get it back. I didn't feel good about it so I decided to get the Cary 306-200 instead. It's very good. So I will stay with the Cary for a while...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us