**Whats the diff between vsx-49 and 49tx?

I may be able to get a pioneer elite vsx-49 for cheap. Not sure yet if it is a tx txi or what. Is there just a plain vsx-49? If so what is it? I havent been able to find any info. PLEASE get back ASAP as I am most likely going to buy this unit very soon if its good.
Thanks
Jeff

elitefan
The 49tx was the first version of the Elite flagship and does not have the i-link but if the price is right I would definetly buy it. This is a fabulous receiver that is among the best on the market. According to the article a few months ago in Home Theatre mag there is no difference in the sound of sacd or dvd-audio whether it's through i-link or analog cables so as I said buy it if price is right and I'll be very jealous. What price are you talking about anyway? You should know that this is a very big and heavy receiver[64 pounds] so hope you have a sturdy rack or shelf to put it on. Good luck.

But is there also a plain 49? no tx just 49? Because i havent seen the unit yet, and I want to make sure theres no 49 model.
Thanks
Jeff

elitefan
No. It is vsx49tx or vsx49txi.

Jeff Plous
Great... how many years has the vsx49 been around for?
Thanks
Jeff

G-Man
It has been around since the fall of 2002. It is the VSX-49tx which was out slightly earlier and then the VSX-49txi which is the same, except with the ilink (which) is a firewire connection. The ilink one is good if you get the Pioneer Elite 47ti DVD player (has SACD/DVD-Audio) which also can connect to the receiver with the firewire cable--this makes playing SACD/DVD-Audio extremely easy.

I bought the 49txi last year. It is a truly wonderful receiver--and beautiful and has big heat sinks--so it has no fan (consequently--no fan noise).

You should be able to get the 49txi at around $2700 and the 49tx a few hundred less.

This model will be replaced by the 59txi in a couple of months. There will be a few changes, but nothing dramatic--except for the new Dolby Prologic IIx. The old one has the prologic II. Only a couple of receivers have the IIx now anyway. It creates a new matrix for a 6th and 7th speaker--if you plan on having a 7.1 system. The 49tx or 49txi can play 7.1 anyway if software comes encoded. The benefit of the prologic IIx is it will create a matrixed 6th and 7th channel where almost all current DVD's have a 5.1 playback.

I have seen the dvd player (47ti on sale at $640). This is a sure sign that it is about to be upgraded to a new model--since it originally listed at $1200.

If you get the 49tx and want a universal dvd I would get the Denon 2900. That lists at $999 and can be found at around $850 or a little less. It is a better unit than the 47ti, unless you get the 49txi and utilize the firewire connections.

So if you can get a good price on the 49tx---get the Denon 2900. The Yamaha 2300 is also good, but it is inferior to the Denon.

Of course if you don't want or need a universal player, there are a lot of less expensive progressive players without DVD-Audio and SACD.

Jeff Plous
Well if I dont get this particular vsx-49 I am going to buy a 45tx definetely
Thanks
Jeff

Argh!
I guess I should have known it was too good to be true!
The unit I was lookin at is here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3048199780&category=39799
Talked to the guy finally, and it turns out it is the vsx-49 - the one from like the 2000-01 model year (ie not 7.1) Sooo sadly its not the model I was hopin for. BUt if anyone wants it the guy wants 405 for it. But its definetely not the vsx-49tx :(
Looks like im gettin a 45tx instead :)
Thanks

G.DawG
he is talking about the vsx-49 it is a pro-logic unit!dont get it!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us