SANSUI AU 710 717 SLOW CIRCUIT

Username: Edju010

Pittsburgh, PA United States

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I am new to this and I am hoping to get some help with my Sansiu AU710 which apparently is the same thing as the AU717. I bought the thing from a local guy in Pittsburgh without testing it first (I know... big mistake) and when I got it home I couldn't get the relay to click on. I took it to a local service guy and he told me the amp and pre worked and that it was a problem with the protect board. A month and $140.00 later he tells me that he replaced 2 caps and the problem was fixed. When I got home and hooked it up it worked fine... for a day. Now when I turn it on I have to wait about a minute (sometimes more) for the relay to click. I'm hoping someone has had a similar problem and can steer me in the right direction towards finding a solution. I'm on the verge of just bypassing the protect board all together... Please Help!!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12877

Call the tech back and tell him his fix didn't work. Most techs have some warranty on their work though you'll have to give him a bit of slack since the unit is a few decades old. He should work with you on labor costs for the real solution to your problem. If he isn't familiar with the amplifier, you might want to just ship this to someone who knows vintage gear.

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 378
There is something called a 'time delay' relay......there will be an adjustment for...you guessed it, the time delay to turn on, once the 'on' command is received.
Tech just MAY need to make this adjustment. Some relays will even have a knob on top, with a scale in seconds or minutes....just depends on use.

This makes sense in a protection circuit.
Turn on amp, 3 seconds later, the speakers are enabled...hopefully after all the electronics are stable.

That this changed over a day means ....see JV comment, above. It should also be a freebie to diagnose, at least.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us