Do you clean the laser lens in your cdp?

Bronze Member
Username: Smwick

B.C Canada

Post Number: 70
I have a Rega Apollo cdp and have used a cleaning CD (the one's with little brushes) to clean the lens a couple of times. The owners manual states "do not attempt to clean the lens, it should not need any servicing." The dealer where I bought it said the cleaning CD would be ok, but I don't know. What do you guy's think? I did a search but couldn't find any posts.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3337
Question is - why do you think it needs cleaning? Unless it's in a smokey atmosphere it shouldn't need cleaning and what ain't broke don't need fixing. That said, if it is in a smokey atmosphere, then occasional cleaning may be beneficial.

the thing to bear in mind is that cleaning is always an abrasive process to a greater or lesser degree. You have a lens there. Any brushing is a low amount of scrubbing, any liquid cleaner is designed to help that process to remove any grunge. unfortunately it can attack the coating on the lens. the liquid will be a very mild detergent but it will have its effect over time.

Me personally? I wouldn't do it. but if you're in a smokey atmosphere, perhaps it's worth doing once every 3 months or so.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8143
Is that about similar to the answer I gave to your PM Steve...

Bronze Member
Username: Smwick

B.C Canada

Post Number: 81
Frank, thank you. No smokey environment here so I won't be cleaning it again.

Art, yes it is. I had posted this question a little while ago but got no reply so I thought I would PM you about it. Thanks for you reply.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8146
Enjoy your Apollo Steve.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us