The Quest for 2.2 - Studio or HiFi?

Username: Marvintoran

Post Number: 1
I've looked into the whole two subwoofers vs one debate and thinking of settling on two. In addition, I'm at a fork in the road as I'm also coming from studio type equipment and now looking to transition into listening only (though occasional DJing is still planned). I've read the multiple debates on the subwoofers issues (ported vs sealed, two vs one) and speakers (studio vs hifi) and curious to hear how others would position themselves if in my shoes and your experiences in similar situations.

Current setup:

Room: 15.5' x 19.6' x 8' - carpeted flooring

Signal chain: Macbook Pro -USB> RME ADI-2 DAC fs -XLR> KRK 10s subwoofer -XLR> Adam T7V nearfield monitors.

My KRK subwoofer is acting wonky so I've been considering replacing it with:

Option A: 2x Rythmik L12s (however my current DAC will prevent me from setting it up as 2.2 - so I will need to change out some components or add in a crossover)

Option B: 1x Rythmik F12G w/ XLR in and out add-on (with eventually adding in another F12G sometime in the future).

or

Selling my the T7Vs and starting over with more Hi-Fi centric equipment (I do have a PS Audio Sprout - but planning on using it for the bedroom/Vinyl room).

Focus is on music listening (dont care much for Home Theater features) and mostly electronic music based (not necessarily EDM type). I'm willing to spend up to $1500 or so. If you were in my position, should I start over or continue to evolve the current setup?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us