NAD 753 - HELP! Another glitch

Username: Dgowen

Post Number: 7
Thanks for help a year ago re: resetting the firmware by pushing VIDEO6 and SOURCE. I have had to do that 3-4 times, and after the most recent one, I had 2 problems: 1) It changed some Input Settings (COAX3 to Optical 1), which I just changed back today, and 2) I have STEREO as the ONLY LISTENING MODE!?!

I've tried pressing the "surr. mode" button on the remote, and physically pressing the "surround mode" button on the unit, and the only option is STEREO. When I try and scroll through the onscreen menu, there are NO OTHER OPTIONS! In the past I've used EARS, etc. , and can see the LED lights search for those modes when starting up a DVD, but I can never scroll and get options other than STEREO.

Any thoughts? No sound is coming through center or any rears (Sub - yes, but that has a separate "on" toggle on the menu.)

Dennis

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1510
Dennis it sounds like the Unit's firmware is messed up. Call NAD, and they will instruct you on downloading the firmware and getting it back on track.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10215
Call the factory for sure.
Some reload must be lurking about.

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1283
Since it is the weekend might not hurt to check to see if the unit defaulted to a two speaker set up. If it has, correct it to the proper speaker configuration and it should then present you with the options you had before.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2919
To me, this sounds like the 753's RAM is having problems keeping its settings so this is not just a firmware issue - I suspect hardware. Call NAD or your dealer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us