Dynaudio 52 + appropriate equipment (NAD?)

Username: Persvako

North-Europe

Post Number: 1
Hello guys!

I've been reading this fantastic forum for a while, and now i have the courage to ask your opinion...

So now the equipment I'm running is:
Dynaudio Audience 52 + Sony STR-DB780 + Sony DVP-NS330 (+ Pioneer PD-203)
Now, when I have the money, I'll be updating my system. Of course the speakers are which I keep! (That's why I'm in this board.) So, for the amplifier I have thought NAD T753, and for the CD-player NAD C541i or C542. I'll keep the Sony as a DVD-player.
The questions are:

1. Do you think this will be a good combination? Can I see, I mean hear, the difference between Sony and Nad?
2. Do I gain better sound for those speakers if I change the amplifier to T763 (with toroidial transformer and more power)? Or should I have more High End speakers to attain some advantage of the more expensive and efficient amplifier?
3. How about the CD-player; is it best for the price? I'm just wondering if the previous model C541i is enough, or should I take this new C542 model? I read they have done some minor changes for the electronics.

That's it. Any piece of advice is greatly appreciated!

PS. Sorry for my bad english. As you can see, I'm a buddy from the North Europe.

Silver Member
Username: Rick_b

New york Usa

Post Number: 251
persvako,

I feel your decision to keep the Dynaudio 52's is a good one. The NAD is a good choice to drive the 52's. I have never been a fan of SONY receivers, so the sonic difference with the NAD will be like night and day. I know you will be pleased with the sound. As far as a CD player goes, I am not up on the current NAD models, but have owned NAD players in the past and always found them excellent at their price point. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Username: Persvako

North Europe

Post Number: 2
Rick Barnes, thanks for your comments!
I'm sure with NAD I can't go wrong.

Still more reviews are needed. I appreciate that very much if you can say something about this topic.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us