HOw to Hook it up

Bronze Member
Username: Rickypearson

Post Number: 34
On the back of my EQ there are 4 red and white RCA cabels can u tell me were these go on the back of my receiver

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
Usually they go from tape out to the EQ and from the EQ to tape in. You simply make a loop with the EQ in the middle and then engage the tape monitor to have the EQ in circuit.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
By doing that does it only allow me to EQ the Tap or the Hole system?

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
If you place the tape deck in the loop downstream of the EQ you will EQ tapes and the whole system. Of course, if you put EQ on the tape as you record you will then have to un-EQ the tape when you play back or you will be doubling your changes. This loop also makes the process of playback more complicated if you have a three had tape deck.
If your pre amp has the ability to do tape to tape dubbing between two decks you can place the EQ in tape one and the deck in tape two. This will allow tape EQ and playback with minimal fuss.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Awsome awsome, I actuly dont have a pre amp So iam just going to Loop it through my Tape deck and that shall do me good for the system, Thanks alot of the Answers man

Tech Pro
Unregistered guest
Why do you need an equalizer anyway?

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 152
They are helpful for adding bass if listening at low levels. Not all receivers have loudness buttons.....only the cheaper ones seem to do.

Username: Sause

Post Number: 3
Do most receivers now have a tape monitor now?

Anonymous

Please e-mail me the schematic for the Pioneer
BP520 Equalizer. It has two hot wires on it and I'm not sure why. Please tell me why.

Thanks

Unregistered guest
i got n old school pioneer sx 838, n im trying to hook up a pioneer sg 540 graphic equalizer to it how do i do that, i have no phono player nor a tape deck, can i some how run it through my reciever, to listen to fm stereo, if so please explain ti me how in detail lol,

Unregistered guest
I am trying to connect an old style Fisher (10 control levels) Graphic Equalizer to a Sherwood Amplifier that I purchased recently. I also want to be able to use my dual casette recorder which I have conntected to the amplifier. The amplifier has color coded connections and the equalizer does not. Can you help me with directions to make the connections I need. Thanks, Jim Dalton

Bronze Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 51
@ fallsinquestion: Very few Dolby Digital AV receivers have the tape monitor loop. On some that do such as the Panasonic SA-XR50, the tape monitor loop can only be enabled when used with analog sources and it'll be automatically disabled when a digital source is switched on.

TAnderson
Unregistered guest
Need instructions for tape-to-tape copying:

I have a Pioneer CTW 503 R dual cassette tape deck, and cannot find the instructions for tape-to-tape recording. Neither of us can figure out the proper sequence of buttons... and no teenagers at home to make it work.

Username: Shagnasty

Tallahassee, FL Usa

Post Number: 1
How do I hook my EQ to my home stereo for tv and music option? my receiver has no tape moniter button ?

Samuelle
Unregistered guest
I have been giving this a lot of consideration and I can't make up my mind. What are your thoughts?
Which one has a better deal Dishnetwork or Directtv?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us