Rega Apollo above Jupiter?

Silver Member
Username: Kevincorr

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 423
Where does the Jupiter fall in quality? Not looking for history; wonder if you like the Apollo better?

From best on down:
Saturn
Apollo
Planet 2000
Planet

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2481
I don't have a lot of experience with it, but my short listening and my dealer's opinion lead me to believe the Jupiter falls between the Apollo and Planet 2000.

Some may prefer the Jupiter, but its more of an individual taste thing than anything else. They sound somewhat different, although they both have the Rega sound and philosophy.

My dealer was having a difficult time selling their demo Jupiter after it was discontinued because they and most customers felt that the Apollo was better for about the same money. I auditioned the Jupiter briefly when I bought my Apollo. Had it not been for the Apollo, I'd have been very happy with the Jupiter at the demo price.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1833
I compared a Jupiter to an Apollo. When auditioning, the dealer offered me the Jupiter for almost the same price as the Apollo. But I much prefered the Apollo as the Jupiter sounded much more laid back which, I guess, may appeal to some.

BTW - the Jupiter in question had been modded with high grade inputs and better caps by the dealer. So my comparison was not with a stock standard model, though the dealer insisted the mods created a notable improvement.

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 424
I wondered because as you noticed, they are going for the same range used. Also selling the first day they appear on AgoN!

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6246
Jupiter is a great deck, Apollo is better. Then again I like the Rega sound...

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1190
Rega sound sure is great for the money. I have never heard the Jupiter, but pretty much everyone on every forum says the Apollo is better. And Art sure knows his Rega. Good to see you back Art.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6248
Thanks Nick....oxycodone is a wonderful drug...when I'm awake!!!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9798
Hillbilly heroin all around!

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6250
And two fingers of Jack please!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9799
Easy there big fella!

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1192
lol thats the good stuff Art.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6251
It's all easy now...woohoo!

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 431
Art- "...oxycodone is a wonderful drug..."

My brother had knee surgery and claims to have become a completely hooked drug addict in less than a week.
He feels lucky that the doctor was aware and cut him off.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6254
Sorry Kevin....I can't take any of the pain relievers with a standard analgesic due to another condition I have so I have an annual prescription filled for Oxy and Flexiril for my back. Usually 20-30 pills each. I throw away more than half every couple of years due to age...addiction to that kind of drug ain't in the cards for me. In fact I'm already tired of the Oxy and tapering down...even though the pain hasn't subsided.

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1100
Art, now you have to watch out for Wiley picking through your garbage.

Perhaps this would be better;

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=85048

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6256
I should have said that I dispose of them....how will be up to imagination...lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us