Audioquest Alpha snake and Kimber Kable PBJ

Bronze Member
Username: Lamcam

Stanton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 26
Hi all,
I have been using cheap entry level AQ Alpha Snake with my Rega Plannet, Rega Brio Int. amp, 12 gauge HD speaker cable, and Dyn A42 speakers. The sound quality was good, warm, and detail. I decided to try something new, so I bought the KK PBJ interconnect to try out. The sound is more detail, but hurt my ear, the warm sound was disappear, the bass was reduced. Do you think I should stay with the AQ brand, but move up to more expensive cable, and what do you recommend? Or should I try a more expensive KK brand?
Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 127
My experience with PBJ's is that they are pretty benign as a cable. They certainly weren't brighter than the cables I replaced with them, but obviously the results may vary on different systems. I wonder if the PBJ's are just feeding you what is coming from your source, and your old cable was just warming it up so you didn't notice until now. Just a thought.

Don't worry about what you think you should or shouldn't do....just go with what sounds best to you. If the PBJ's aren't your thing, switch back or try something else.

Bronze Member
Username: Lamcam

Stanton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 27
Thanks for replying! Like all other music lovers here, I'd like to try ways to make my system sounds best.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us