NAD reciever schematics and service manuals?

Username: Hd2000

Post Number: 1
Does anyone know of a reliable source for service manuals or schematics for NAD receivers?
My T763 has recently developed a hum and I'd like to do a little bit of homework before I open up the case and go poking around.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 154
Google is best bet.
Some manuals are photostats of only ok quality, while others are better / more legible.

What are you looking for? Are you qualified in some way? Many electronic parts show no outer sign of failure. (Electrolytic / PS caps are a possible exception)

Some of the things you can do a visual on do not require a schematic. Burned trace on circuit board. Burned component. Bad smell.

Make sure the darn thing is unplugged, for a while before poking around...ZAP, and there you are....

Best bet is to bring the manual and the broken piece to a service guy.

Username: Hd2000

Post Number: 2
I've done the google thing and found a service manual (broke down and spent the $25). Also found some vague references to service bulletins for various problems. Factory upgrades of power capacitors and some sort of chassis ground upgrade - may have to spend a few more $ on these before I tear into the unit (like to know what the factory has already done instead or re-engineering the thing from square one).
As for being qualified in some way - honestly not really but I had a bad experience with a previous repair at an authorized service center so I'd prefer to handle this one myself. I'm not entirely oblivious as I've got a degree in Electrical engineering - just haven't had much hands on component level experience since university. I do have access to labs and techs at work (I work in an R&D facility for a major telecom vendor but my job is engineering at the network level) so I want a game plan before I bring it into the office.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us