Something missing

Bronze Member
Username: Lamcam

Stanton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 29
I have Apollo connect to NAD C270 with Dynaudio A42 with AQ King cobra, and HD 12 gauge speaker wire. The sound is warm, but missing some high and details. What do you think? Should I change the speaker wire or replace the amp?

Bronze Member

Stanton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 30
I am sorry but the NAD is C370, not C270.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2732
That sounds like the Audio Quest to me. I never did like the rather dry sound from Audioquest cables. That said, I do not know your speaker cable at all. I usually use Naim cable with NAD. It's a good match. If it's a bit too expensive (it's not expensive in the grand scheme of things), consider something like Chord Carnival Silver Plus at around half the price - very good cable.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member

Stanton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 31
How about Kimber Kable Silver streak? or Nordost cable? I tried the KK PBJ cable and didn't like it, too high, hurt me ears. I bought the AQ cable because I have read a lot of good things about it here, but I am disapointed.

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1117
First there were Dared Interconnects which opened things up for me like no other ICs had, including the AQ and Nordost products among others.

Now I will gladly sell them to you as I have found:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/accessories/342576.html

Bronze Member

Stanton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 32
hmmm...have anybody else tried them?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6321
I tried them and they are OK. In the end I felt that they were bloated at the bottom end and lacked midrange detail. But I've used alot worse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us