Searching for a <$600 80 watt av receiver with no fan!!

Anonymous
I need your help. Is there any receiver that put out 80 true watts into 5 or 6 channels that don't have to rely on fans to cool the unit?

Derek
Denon 1804 or Onkyo 601.

I recommend the Yamaha RX-V740. You won't be disappointed as there is no fan, just cooling fins.

Hawk
What speakers are you running and what is your budget?

In absence of knowing your speakers and budget, I recommend the Marantz 7300. It does not have a cooling fan and it has a really nice sound. 105 wpc x 6.

Alex Soo
I just pick up a new Onkyo TXSR600 for $299
at Circuit City.
They are closing them out in the SF bay area.

elitefan
Also look at the Pioneer Elite VSX-41TX. 100wpcx6 and can be had retail for under $500. Very good sound and user friendly. An Onkyo600 for $299 is a steal!

G-Man
Hawk asks a crucial statement--what speakers are you driving or what speakers are you going to get? But beyond that is what do you want from your set-up? Do you want to watch mostly DVD's and surround sound tv? Do you want to listen to stereo and/or surround sound DVD-Audio, CD's, and SACD's?

There is no free lunch. The features you want in a receiver should be the ones you would mostly utilize. While those receivers that people listed above are fine---there are ways to get more bang for your buck if you know what you want in your watching and listening habits. And remember--a user friendly remote is pretty important, as you will be using it fairly frequently.

Anonymous
Sorry I left out the most important thing. I own a pair of Monitor Audio B2's. I'll be getting either the B1's for surround, center monitor and a sub not yet decided.

G-Man
I think onecall.com is having a sale on HK receivers--particularly the 325 and the 525. The 525 they have for just under $600 and the 325 for about $400. Seems to me to be an excellent deal on either one. Neither will have a problem driving your speakers to their breaking point. The 525 may have a couple of features you may prefer, but I doubt the basic sound (unless you use the receivers DSP's) will be any different with either receiver.

Hawk
MA speakers are a bit on the bright side with that metal dome tweeter. Get something with a warm musical sound. The Marantz 7300 I suggested earlier would be a great choice, but it may not be easy to find at that price point (<$600). I would also recommend the H/K 525 suggested by the G-Man. It is on sale at One Call and it is a real bargain at that price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us