My DIY home sub.

Username: Natediggidy

Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4
I just love breaking the rules. Here is my home sub project built using a car sub (Cerwin Vega V-Max 15). Yes, it's big and yes, it's sealed and yes, it does HT very well. Initially I was going for a ported enclosure but the specs of the driver indicated a sealed box. With an f3 of 25.5 a Qts of .70 and a group delay of around 12 ms, I've got no complaints =)
If I can stop playing with it long enough, I'll finish the outside of the cabinet. Big bad boom

Mike Knight
Unregistered guest
what amp are you using to power your sub. in my HT system im using a pyramid 800watt x2 home dj amp and then a couple crossovers to power my speaker line out RCA plug. im using it to power a 15" concept smash series in a bass tube and a 12" infinity kappa perfect in a bass tube ( the 12" started in a down firing sealed box that was built to the subs best performance. the problem was that i heard the support beams under the floor , the floor , walls and everything else rattle to no end. the ported gave me the low audio thump but not the felt rattle that is most common to sealed enclosures.
-for home use i do recommend 2 15" woofers because the 12 is way to quiet! a single 15 will sound pretty good but i have tested 2 ported 15s and they are above and beyond.
-the system that i added them onto was a bose lifestyle 8. sounds very good.

Bronze Member
Username: Natediggidy

Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 19
I've run it with two different power amps. A Yamaha MX-830 with 230 watts RMS per channel into 4-ohms, with 440 watts per ch. dynamic power (DVC sub) and an old Hitachi HMA-7500. The only spec I could find on the 'H' was 100 watts per channel into 8-ohms. Both of these are beasts in every sense. Big bad and weighing in at more than 30-lbs ea. The crossover duties are handeled by the receivers internal crossover.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us