RCA CDRW121 Problems...HELP!!

Username: Wishpony

Post Number: 1
I keep trying to put disks in on the B (record side) and it keeps saying no disks...whether blank cdrs, bought cds, a cd cleaner. I can't get an email to RCA to ask them and I don't know what to do. THe manual doesn't give any kind of troubleshooting for it. I have turned the unit off completely for the time being. Any help I can get would be appreciated.

wiredworld
Unregistered guest
Make sure disk says "Audio CD Recordable". I ran into this problem when I first tried to burn a cd. It's on page 16 of the manual.

Post Number: 3
Yep, know that. I also put music cds I've bought from the music stores and it doesn't read those either. It just comes up no disk.

Unregistered guest
Try Maxell, TDK, or Fuji Music cd disks

Post Number: 4
I am using the came cdrs that I have recorded on for over 100 times. And again I have put store bought prerecorded music cds and they will not read either. They all come up NO DISK after attempting to read them.

Username: Cryztal6

Hi,
I am having the same problem "I keep trying to put disks in on the B (record side) and it keeps saying no disks". Have any of you found a solution? Thanks.
Crystal

Unregistered guest
My RCA CDRW121 unit reads "Digital Audio Disc Only" on the B side when I try to record. I tried CDR's and CDRW's, but its not reading either. Any thoughts?

Unregistered guest
The only cd I found to work in this player is Sony CD-R MUSIC for digital quality sound.

Anonymous

I just got a CDRW 121 used and ran into this, but got some Memorex Music CDR's and they are recording.

Username: Princesa

Can someone tell me where I can locate the instruction manual for the RCA CDRW121?

Username: Simctd

You can get instruction manuals at http://www.thomsonnetwork.com. You can download them in PDf form. I am having similar problems with my RCA CDRW120. It tell me blank cdrws are unreadable.

Unregistered guest
Need to know where I can get part # 257938 - Mechanism Recorder CD/W Driver this is for a CDRW120 (RCA)

Unregistered guest
Need to know where I can get part # 257938 - Mechanism Recorder CD/W Driver this is for a CDRW120 (RCA)

Username: Luisito424

Please, I have a RCA cdrw120 recorder 2 years ago, and then, today, I got troubles with it because I couldn't to burn a cdr audio, the same ones that I always burn. The message is: no audio cd... what can I do? wow!, I don't want to think that I have to buy another one again.. do you think that trouble is repairly?.......please,answer me... thanks, Luis Font

Username: Simctd

Post Number: 2
Luis This info I found at the RCA web site. Check it out and see if you can find any answers there or the phone number for RCA or Thomsen. It may be as simple as using using different cdr's. Good luck.
Dear Customer:

Thank you for your comments about the www.rca.com website.

Currently, owner's manuals may be viewed on the site by using the search field function at the top left corner. Please put your model number in the search field.

You can also view a digital owner's manual on the web site, http://www.thomsonnetwork.com.

Click on Instruction Books.
Follow the directions on how to do a Search for your product.
After finding your manual, please click on the link.
Your instruction book should display in your browser.

If you do not see anything, you will need a pdf reader to view this document. You can get the free download at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.

If you would like to purchase an owner's manual:

Please go to the web site, http://www.thomsonnetwork.com.

Click on Publications Ordering.
Click on Instruction Book Search.
Follow the directions on how to do a Search for your product.
After finding your manual, please put a Quantity in the box and click ADD.
Then click View Order.
Fill in all the proper information.

Unfortunately, we do not have every instruction book for every product. If your product is older than 1993, there is a good chance that your instruction manual is currently not available.

We appreciate your interest and thank you for contacting us.

[Q103185606302394]

Sincerely,

Chad

This response is being provided by Thomson Inc., the manufacturer of RCA consumer electronics products

Username: Sylviaddddd

Miami, Florida United State

Hi.I need a instructions manual and a remote control for a CDRW 121 RCA. Thanks for you help.

ZACARIAS GUMBS

Username: Dubb_o_b

Does anyone know where I can purchase a fully operational RCA CDRW 121 player/recorder. Does anyone know where I can purchase a new RCA cd mechanism part# 268558? I am not able to record externally or disc to disc with my own CDRW 121. It's about 7 years old, but I love it. RCA has said that the recorder and parts for the recorder are no longer available.

Username: Dubb_o_b

I am a band member and at all our practice's I record the band live with my RCA CDRW 121. I know I should be updating with new technological advances but I can't find any other CD recorders that offer the (2) mic inputs, each a separate channel. This unit is some of the 1st stand alone analog recorders that hit the market around 2000-2001. I've never seen (2) mic inputs offered by any other company. I too have experienced a few minor disc reading problems but once you find a disc that works well stick with it and excerise patience. Is everyone out there burning cd's on a computer? I hope not because that will signal the end to the beloved stand alone analog recorders.If you look at the affordable recorders on the market now, they don't even have (1) mic input! I have been told by several sales people that SONY RCD-W500C is about the only recorder still on the market, and that they are considering phasing it out because of the high use of recording via computers. I am sad to hear that. Once again for all you readers and posters that are not happy with your RCA CDRW 121 if you want to sell it I'm interested. I would buy a newer model by almost any name brand if I could locate one with (2) separate mic inputs each a separate channel. I don't see them available. If anyone knows of something please respond.

Username: Luisito424

San Juan, Puerto Rico Puerto Rico

Hi Robert, thanks for writing, I received your message yesterday. I showed my RCA CDRW 120 Recorder to a technician and he told me that it's very complicated to fix the problem because it's more expensive than to buy another one. I took my equipment and since then I use it for playing cds only. I understand that you want to record the music of your band analogically, I think it's a good option. Do you want I sell my RCA CDRW 120 Recorder to do it a reparation?, remember that my equipment has troubleshooting in the recording. Where do you live?. I live in Puerto Rico and I don't know how much is the shipping. What is the name of your band?..
Ok, I am fit to sell the equipment but you had to know about it. Luis Font

Username: Kisstan

I am also having trouble with my RCA Thomson CDRW 121 CD Player and Recorder. I haven't used it for about a year and when I hooked it up I am only getting sound from the left "A" side. When I record a disc in the "B" side it shows that it is recording and I can hear it. After I finalize the disc and try to listen to it, it shows that it is playing but there is no sound. I put the disc in side "A" and it plays with sound. Is it just a dirty lens that is causing the trouble in the recording "B" side?

Username: Dirtyhog

my cdrw 121 recorder displays "recover" on the screen after starting the recording.nothing in the manual addresses that. after ruinning three discs ,is the recorder jun
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us