Onkyo TX SR 500E and Bose Accoustimass 15

Ladies and Gents, just been looking to upgrade my current system and have been offered the Onkyo/Bose combo. Heard it in the shop and sounds fine.... can anyone give any advice on what they are like as can't find many reviews.... Any help would be much appreciated.... cheers

New HT guy
I recently upgraded and was doing the exact same setup as you state(weird isn't it?) That was until i became an informed purchaser and did some research...I own a Bose Lifestyle system already in another room...I purchased the Acoustimass 15 and Onkyo 600 receiver...I returned the Acoustimass and onkyo shortly thereafter...I am NOT here to blast Bose(as i own it already) But for your $$$ and listening pleasure, they just aren't any good for the $$$...I bought RBH compact speaker system(kick Bose A$$) for about 60% of price.And bought the Integra 6.3 receiver(Made by Onkyo)..very happy :)

If you want to spend about the same as the bose and have a much fuller sounding system get the Energy Take 5.2 with an EXLS12 sub or if you have a small room get the smaller S10.2 and save $200. either way you will enjoy the sound much more unless all you listen to is jazz and classical. For somw reason people who listen to only jazz and classical like the bose.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us