Clearing Dialogue of Onkyo 650!

ray
Just installed Onkyo 650. dialogue of center not as clear as old receiver. Sounds muffled. Can the sound be cleared up by an adjustment???

Anonymous
No. The HT-S650 has lots of problems. The HTB-505 is a better system and $100.00 less. Kenwood is #1

hoju
maybe an upgrade to a new center speaker would do it.

ray
What kind of center speaker would you upgrade to?

hoju
well i plan to upgrade my two mains and the center speaker. its better to have the front sound field timbre matched. try investing on some quality upgrades. it'll be worth it in the long run.

Anonymous
Looks like the Kenwood employee is surfing the boards again. "The HT-S650 has lots of problems.","Kenwood is #1".......SHUDUP!!

Anonymous
ray,

Try adjusting your center level +3 and treble +8

Anonymous
could be the angle of your center also .. if it's up high on your TV, try angling it down a bit.
Don't listen to the Kenwood guy, the 650 doesn't have a lot of problems ...

Anonymous
Have read on the Home Theater Forum that someone else had a "muffled" sound with the 650. Mine is fine with no sound adjustment at all. In fact, the dialogue is clearer on the 650 than the tv speakers and that is a 36" Proscan. Really love it - and have been using it since August with no problems.

ray
What are your settings ( bass and treble) subwoofer crossover setting and distances of your speakers?

Anonymous
distance: ~9 ft
bass: 0
treble: +8
crossover: 120
center: +3
l/r main: 0
l/r surround: +2
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help