Preamp for rega p3

Username: Doomedman

WhyallaAustralia

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I am in the process of upgrading my stereo (currently a basic yamaha turntable, bose reciever and 301's), beginning with a rega p3. In terms of amplification, what do people suggest, an intergrated amp or pre and power amp setup. I am looking at a NAD 1020 B preamp, would this be suitable and what power amp would go well with it?

Any help is appreciated as this is all new to me.

Cheers
KV

Username: Dudywoxer

ScunthorpeUK

Post Number: 4
Not that it effects how the deck works, but it is down to the cartridge you will be using as much as anything. Will you be using a Moving Magnet (MM) or Moving Coil (MC). Do you wish to have a amplifier with a built in phono stage, or a separate phone pre-amp. Are you buying the Rega New or used, if new ask the dealer to let you listen to the Rega Brio, stunning little amp for the money with a decent built in phono stage, and compare it to say a rega cursa/maia combination. 4 times the price, but it will let you hear which way you think you want to go.
Sorry for all the questions, but the more we know, the better we may be able to offer suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Lewisville, Tx USA

Post Number: 107
I moved from a Creek 5350 SE integrated to a Rogue Audio Magnum 99 tube pre-amp. I found the warmth of the tube pre-amp to be a natural partner for my Rega Apollo. I suppose other considerations will be the cartridge that you chose. Is it warm and laid back or very dynamic? You will need to listen to things in terms of where you are going with your sound and will the pieces you choose play well with one another. Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us