Multi Output Preamp

Username: Crazyinga

Midwest City, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2
I'm trying to find a preamp that has multiple outputs so I can run 3 sets of speakers using 200 Watt receivers as output amps? Currently having impedance problems! Thanks for any help. Louis

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9101

The pre amp doesn't control the number of speakers you can run. Any pre amp with one or two outputs can be split to drive three separate power amps. Each additional connection will alter the output level and output impedance of the pre amp. Any amplifier can be used with an appropriate speaker selector to drive more than one pair of speakers. What sort of impedance problems are you having?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4048
Louis, your game plan seems a bit off base. I must presume that you have 3 completely different receivers as power, and will use them as they are available and free. That is my presumption.
If 3 speaker pairs are a must, then you might want to look at an industrial mixer.
You could also look at a Rotel 6-channel amp.
Since you seem to be directed already, the outs of a pre will only stretch so far.
Running a trio of outs from a single will certainly sent the pre into fits, a dual out pre will not be happy without satisfying both channels, most share a common refrence, unless you go big.
If you ecide on 4 speakers(as opposed to 6) the options open up considerably, like a cheap(and good) 5 channel amp like say, a Rotel rmp985, good and cheap.
BTW, the 3 receivers will look like a pawn shop, or Sanford and Son.

Whaa whaa whaa wannnaaaa.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us