What's the problem with recording CD's to Casettes?

Username: Ga_girl

Post Number: 2
I have a Sony reciever, with a DVD, CD, and a tape deck.
After moving, I can't get my cassette deck to record CD's correctly.
(the monitor is all the way in the red, and not affected by the recording level dial)
I have no idea, and have tried lots of wiring combos.Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Sounds like you have your 'line in' and 'line out' incorrectly plugged in. 'Line out' of the tape deck should go to 'Line in'of the receiver as an example. Try recording a tape from the DVD as it is a CD player as well of course.

Anonymous

You want to record from cd to cassette .I just have to say you are most likely the biggest dumb a**.Ps your fucked.

Bronze Member
Username: Kester

Post Number: 17
cathy, i don't agree at all with mr. dumas.

i'm recording some cd's to cassette for the simple fact that some of my cars do not have cd players in them. later

Username: Daniel_badon

Bc Canada

Post Number: 8
cd is digital so please dont even think of mating it with analog. garbage in is garbage out.
try vynil to casette....you people out there of digital command you dont know what you are missing.
you deserve a pure music, dont hesitate try the power of analog sound. i know i have been there.
daniel

Silver Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 198
Well, Daniel, you need to try vinyl to audio CD or audio DVD these days :-). In the old days, I used to transfer my LP's to cassettes on the 1st play's then played the tapes and put the LP's away. With a good deck and type 2 or metal tapes, the copies would sound excellent.

Bronze Member
Username: Musicluvr

Post Number: 76
Cathy,

Since no one has completely answered your original question, here goes...I would suggest the following steps.

1. Disconnect all cables between your tape deck and the reciever.

2. Verify that the CD and DVD players function as expected. You should be able to watch movies from the DVD player and listen to CDs as normal.

3. Locate the jacks marked something like LINE IN or INPUT on the tape deck and the jacks marked TAPE LINE OUT or OUTPUT on the receiver. Make a connection between these jacks with one set of cables.

4. Locate the jacks marked something like LINE OUT or OUTPUT on the tape deck and the jacks marked TAPE LINE IN or INPUT on the receiver. Make a connection between these jacks with another set of cables.

You should then be able to record to the tape deck. If you need clarification on the above instructions please post back. If you still have problems, something may have been damaged in transit or there could still be some kind of connection issue. Post back the with the symptoms.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9371
It's been more than a year. I hope Cathy found some answers before then. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Musicluvr

Post Number: 77
Oops! Obviously, I didn't read the post date. Just saw the thread come up when the new posts came in.

Username: Bling_crosby

Post Number: 7
Yeah, good luck Cath!
Let us know how you get on...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts