Pioneer VSX-43TX or Sony STR-DA4ES w/ JBL Northridge series?

Anonymous
I am new to Home Theater System, and consider to purchase one of the A/V receivers in the subject to match with the JBL Northridge series speakers (N38II for the front, NCENTERII, N24II for surround, and PB10 sub). Which receiver is better? Is it a good match? Any suggestions on receivers or speakers within the price range? Any input will be appreciated!

Anonymous
I purchased the pioneer 43tx, and I love it, the only issues i have with the reciever is the remote control and video switching from composite to S- Video, but the sound is great.
I read a review on the sony from sound and vision, and they gave it very good reviews.(check their archives.)
Couple of other receivers I would look at are the Denon 3803 ( which I think is better than the pioneer), and the Harmon Kardon 525 which i love but i wanted the THX certified, to be honest I think if I were to do it again I might go with the harmon. THe price on the Denon is between 999 and 1200. The price on the harmon is between 799 and 999. Hope this help.

Anonymous
Thanks for the info! Would you further describe your issues on the remote control and video switching? Also I checked out the Sound and Vision web site archives but could not find the article. Did I overlook the link? Please advise. Thanks!

Anonymous
About the video switching, What I mean is if I hook up a vcr (example) video using composite cable to my reciever i have to use a composite cable to connect from my receiver to the TV. Where as some reciever you can have the vcr connected to the receiver with composite video but you can use an s-video to connect from your reciever to your tv, giving it a better picture even though the vcr has only composite video. (hope i didn't confuse you).
About the remote, button are all over the place not organize nicely.(should be an LCD remote.)
I tried looking for the article and i couldn't find it either, was there...
You can't go wrong with any of these receivers.

Anonymous
Does any one know which receivers have the above described component switching?

Anonymous
the denon 3803 has it and the HK525 has this feature. You will be surprise how many do...I think the sony has it as well, but don't qoute me on that one.

Anonymous
the denon 3803 has it and the HK525 has this feature. You will be surprise how many do...I think the sony has it as well, but don't qoute me on that one.

Anonymous
I think Sony STR-DA4ES has the capability to up-convert video signal from composite to S-video. The Pioneer VSX-43TX remote doesn't sound appealing...

Anonymous
I bought the Pioneer Elite VSX-43TX about one month ago. I've been extremely pleased w/ it. Went from a low-end Panasonic. On the plus side, setup is very user-friendly; probably the best-looking receiver on the market (beautiful piano black finish); THX-certified; more than enough settings to control sound (ie., detailed level and delay settings, etc.); excellent, easy-to-follow, detailed manual; a relatively cool-operating receiver even after prolonged use; and delivers outstanding sound, esp. on DVDs. On down side, not much, but the remote is not the greatest, but, trust me, it isn't too bad and, for some functions, I think it is quite logically setup; I don't have a VCR hooked up so video-switching b/n TV and DVD works very well in my opinion. I am no expert in video-audio issues who can quote technical numbers off my head, but this is a great receiver that delivers where it counts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us