NAD C422

Bronze Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 59
Hi,

I bought the NAD C422. The build is the same as any NAD so all is good there. When setting the pre-sets, you can have the pre-set in mono, blend or stereo. Blend is like half stereo, where the highs will be in mono and the bass in stereo. Great for those fringe stations. Funny thing is the NAD C422 is not sold with a remote. The remote for my NAD C162 preamp will control the C422.

The remote can't tell the diff from the C422 or the C162 when hitting the off button, it just shuts both off, it will also shut my NAD CD (521bee) player off too. Odd design. :S

No question, just a little info for this slow tuner section.

Bronze Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 94
I should also ad that a tuner only sounds as good as it's antenna.

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 169
Nice unit, I had hoped it would come with a remote. My 541i remote turns the unit off but nothing else, I do not have a nad pre amp. I inquired about a nad remote and was told it would cost 35 dollars or so but have not purchased it. A universal remote from rat shack I had hoped would work did not.

Username: Jcc3

Post Number: 3
Thought I'd drop a note on a tuner I just picked and love. Jolida 402 Tube Tuner.

Has a wonderful dynamic range and locks onto a station very well even with the basic single line antenna supplied with the unit. It comes with a better than average RCA IC but an upgrade to a an audioquest diamondback was clearly worthwhile. Very reasonably priced and I've spoken with the owner already and he is very cooperative (MD company and I'm local)

Check it out. I can't compare "tube sound" to solid state but it is very close to CD dynamic range not compressed like normal low end tuner reception.

R,
JCC
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us