Which receiver best match Polk Lsi9?

TW
Any suggestion for under $700?
I am thinking Denon AVR-2803, but I am not sure is this model good enough for this speakers?
I listen to music very much, esp. classical and jazz.
Thank you.

Hawk
If I am not mistaken the Polk LSi9s are a 4 ohm speaker. I would not pair the Denon with them, nor any other receiver from the japanese audio cartels (Sony, Yamaha, Onkyo, Pioneer, Kenwood, Denon, etc.). This is especially true if you are looking to do surround sound with LSi's (which are a very fine speaker!).

Look at either an NAD (they have a couple of models available for about $700 or less), or a Haman/Kardon 325. These two receivers companies make receivers capable of driving a four ohm load all around. The others, like Denon, are only rated to handle 6 ohms, and then only as a stereo pair in the front. If you are driving a 5.1 system, they want 8 ohm speakers all around.

The best part of this is that the sound out of the NAD or the H/K is much cleaner (due to their much better power supplies and output transitors) than the Denon or the others mentioned above. Better parts have to be used to drive a 4 ohm load, but better speakers tend to be 4 ohm rated (which seems to be necessary to get the great dynamics in smaller speakers). Check out the NAD and the H/K--I think you will be very pleased with what you hear.

TW
Thanks Hawk.
Right, Lsi9 is a 4 ohm speaker.
I am now looking for the NAD T742, it seems to be a better receiver than Denon 2803.
But I have another question about how to bi-wire the Polk Lsi 9? As I am also thinking adding a power amp to my system.
Is it a good thing to do by adding a power amp to the front speakers? ANd how to bi-bire the Lsi9?
Thanks a lot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us