Behringer DSP1124P Hiss/Noise

Bronze Member
Username: Nm2285

Delaware

Post Number: 56
I just hooked up my parametric EQ and am encountering a hiss which is easily audible with no music playing and also easily audible in quiet to medium passages or music/movie. I have it hooked up to my NAD C370 - pre-outs of the NAD to the EQ and EQ to the Main-in of the NAD. I'm using an RCA to 1/4" cable. When I hook up my Alesis M-EQ230 (graphic EQ) there is no significant hiss. Any idea how to lessen the hiss?

It occurs to me that I need to either boost the input level, decrease the outpul level, or both. How do I accomplish either/or?

Also, when I turn the volume on my amp all the way down, I can still here the music at a low volume (and of course the hiss). Will decreasing the output of the EQ fix this?

-Nick

Anonymous

Could be a ground loop problem. Have you tried temporarily removing the ground wire from one piece of equipment in the chain or snipping the ground wire on the interconnects?

Bronze Member
Username: Harrypalmer

Bellevue, WA

Post Number: 28
Sounds like a ground loop problem, worn out power cord or a cable connecting the equalizer is worn out.

Anonymous

Nm2285,

Having had some time to think about this I feel the problem is the BFD itself in that it handles lower frequencies great but for some reason seems to introduce noise higher up the frequency range. To use it in a stereo setup Behringer need to make an ultra low noise replacement. I believe a replacement is on the cards but whether it will be what users want is not known.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302200&highlight=behringer

I would love a 7.1 ULN BFD with 24bit 192kHz sampling (for HD) for 200 notes :-)

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 1398
Sounds like a ground loop problem.

Username: Sonnie_parker

L. A. (Lower Alabama)

Post Number: 3
It is no doubt a ground loop problem, but there are several remedies for this.

Check out http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums in the BFD | REW forum under BFD FAQ's sticky thread.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7776
Should we all migrate?

L. A. (Lower Alabama)

Post Number: 6
You could... I sure wouldn't mind it... lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 7784
My experience with audio is limited to my own experience and I usually hang out in the camera section of this forum. I put in my 2 cents once in a while when the topic involves equipment that I have used. And I am more of a mass consumer type audio guy, I just started delving into high end fairly recently. But digital cameras and video cameras are my bag.

L. A. (Lower Alabama)

Post Number: 8
We are not strictly high end by any means. We discuss anything to do with home theater.

We'll probably eventually have a section for camera's... but it will be on down the line.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7845
That sounds (no pun itended) great. The average consumer does not do high end anyway. And I think most people that need help are those that are just starting out with run of the mill HT that was purchased at the national retail stores.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us