Naim Nait 5i vs Primaluna Prologue One

Username: Anand_s

Post Number: 1
This is a request to people who have heard either/both these amps. I know this is subjective but could you please try to describe the differences in the sound of these two amps.

I have heard the PL prologue1 and thoroughly loved its warm and rich sound on my favourite tracks from Dire Straits amongst others. However I have not heard the Naim Nait 5i so far but i am keen to know how it sounds compared to the PL prologue1.

I am keen to put together a warm and musically satisfying system consisting of an amp (tube or solid state) a pair of bookshelf speakers (probably better for my smallish room)and a CD player (perhaps the Rega Apollo or something cheaper).

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1328
I'd love to hear the comparisons as well. However, isn't the PL2 priced about the same as the Nait 5i?

I'm pretty close to buying a Nait 5i and CD5i, but will wait to make a final decision when the money is in my hand. I'll also listen to the Rega Mira 3 and Apollo.

I'd love to hear the PL2, but don't have any dealers anywhere near me and am not sure if I want to get into the whole internet direct buying hassle. Anyway, here's my thoughts on the Nait 5i, CD 5i, and Rega Planet 2000. The thread is a little long, but compares a few other things in there as well.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/195053.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us