NAD-Rotel-Kinergetics

Username: Roscoej

Post Number: 1
I have a new C162 preamp and an existing Rotel power amp and Kinergetics subwoofer amp. The C162 has two pre amp outputs. The current connection scheme, which is suggested by Kinergetics, is preamp1 out to subwoofer in and subwoofer out to power amp. Everything seems to work but I have been told that this not the best for clear base performance. I was using an old NAD 20 as a preamp (with a single preamp output). This new C162 has 2 preamp outputs. Question, can preamp 2 on the C162 be used for the subwoofer?

Bronze Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 19
Yes, run one set of pre out to the sub and the other set of pre out to the power amp. Make sure the variable pre out on the 162 is turned all the way up. DO NOT feed the power amp via the sub.

Username: Jcc3

Post Number: 2
Jim

I am interested in your setup having the NAD 162 pre and a Rotel amp. I have just setup an upstairs 2 channel system ( I have krell pre and amps in the multi channel system in the media room with BWs in both systems).

I am mildy disappointed with the NAD "warm sound" with which you no doubt familiar. I just don't buy into the "less fatiguing" story. To me there is just less resolution and an unbalanced presentation of the HF v the midrange. Perhaps I'll get used to it. I also may be unfamiliar with hearing two different sounds (KRELL and NAD).

My question though has to do with possibly replacing the NAD 272 with a Rotel amp (1080). I think the 162 is a fine pre (good wide lateral stage and decent detail) I like the headphone and phono sections also so I would probably keep that. How does the Rotel amp sound with the NAD pre? I have read that the "synergies" are bad whatevefr that means but haven't heard form someone who is runnning that config.

Thanks
JCC
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us