Definitive Technology Supercube Reference?

Username: Mtreb

Post Number: 3
Just curious if anyone has heard or owns this subwoofer, it sounds via magazine reviews like it is a great subwoofer for both music and movies. It's not cheap but from the reviews, the price may be a steal compared to other reference hifi subwoofers. I would just like to hear from the avg. hifi enthusiast.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 902
Very niiice. Have you tried the subs from SVS or HSU??

Anonymous

The DEF TECH subs are awesome. I have owned a PF-15 since 1997. It only has 185 watss, but a 15 inch driver. I can only put it up to level 4 before it is to overwhelming for my room. I recommend the PF-15PT (I belive that is the model #) which has a 15 inch woofer and 500 watts of power. It only runs for $699. The def. tech. sub is the single most improvement in my home theater. Try it you won't regret it.

Username: Smittykit

Post Number: 5
Would it be an overkill if I were to use this sub with Marantz SR6300 and Wharfedale CR40 speakers?

cheers!

Username: Triedit

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 2
An excellent sub is never overkill. Just adjust it to match your speakers. Proper set up is important. Bass should blend so that the sub is not noticable. Boominess and bloated bass can be obtained with the cheapest sub.

Besides you will not have to upgrade the sub if and when you upgrade your other speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us