I am about to buy a pair of Klipsch rf3 ii towers

--Darshan
for $600.

Is this a good deal?

Are there better speakers for the money?

Please help.

--Darshan

Derek
There is nothing wrong with Klipsch so don't think that I am about to bash them. I have helped some of my best friend buy Klipsch.

If you have the time, try Energy, NHT, Paradigm, Monitor Audio, Mirrage and Mission.

You might be supprised at how much high quality sound you can get for as little as $50/speaker plus a $300 sub. $600 is definitely do-able.

Jim A
I was considering the Klipsh SF-2 and also Reference series.

They were nice, but I went with Paradigm after finding a nice set of speakers cheap that someone upgraded from. These fit my tastes alittle better as I found the horn loaded tweeter a bit much after awhile.

If you have an underpowered amp, the Klipschs are very efficient at producing ALOT of volume-watch your ears, mine were sore for two days after testing the reference series at loud volumes.

My advice - HEAR as many as possible and be on the look out for trade in deals at speaker stores! You can save a bundle.

Jim A
PS If those are new speakers that is a good price.

--Darshan
I have yet to see Paraigms, or NHT, or Monitor Audio anywhere.

I live close to a couple of Tweeter stores but I am very unimpressed with the selection and price. Circuit city and Best Buy are leaving me rather unimpressed as well.

The Klipsch are the best I have heard so far, and I like the rf3 better than the rf5. But it has been years since I have bought new towers and I want to make sure I do a good job buying them, so I won't have to worry about it again for another 12 years.

The RF-5 is definatley not a good value it seems... for $600 you get a ¼" bigger tweeter and real wood finish. If you wanna spend money by a set of RF-7s for $2000, the RF-3 is supposed to be the best selling floorstanding speaker (speciality) @ $800 they are a good deal (SRP) @ $600 if they are new and honor the 5 year warranty I'd say buy! (If you haven't already)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us