A/B Speaker Switching Question

Username: Faiello5

Post Number: 3
Hi all. I have narrowed my search down to the Rotel 1062 and NAD 352 amps. Both have A/B speaker switching. I know this means I can hook-up 2 pairs of speakers, but does this mean that the amp can handle playing both pairs simultaneoulsy?

The reason I ask is because I would like to place a second pair of wallmount speakers in my living room in addition to my Klipsch R35s in my family room. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Frank

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 335
No, you can only power one pair of speakers at a time Frank (on either amp).

Username: Faiello5

Post Number: 4
Sun King-

Thank you for the courtesy of your reply to this post and my prior post. It is much appreciated.

Regards,
Frank

Bronze Member
Username: Eddietfman

Hong Kong

Post Number: 24
For the NAD 352 that I owned, it did not facilitate A/B speaker switch and only permit one pair of speakers connection.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 254
Eddie man is correct. The 272 power amp has A and B speakers but no switching. I cannot recall if the 372 is similar. This facilitates biwiring or running a second set of speakers simultaneously, providing impedence concerns are taken into account.

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 336
I was just saying that neither integrated can run two pairs of speakers at the same time, I didn't check the specs to see whether either of the amps listed actually had the facility to run two pairs separately - I was presuming Frank had already looked into this. Running two pairs at once would put a great strain on the amplifier and the A/B switch wouldn't permit it anyway.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1366
I have, however, run a rotel amp in bridge.
A+ and b- with a bridge between a- and b+between channels.
Suggested only for the brave of heart and under warranty.It worked fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us