OVERHEATING!!!!!!

G.DawG
Does anybody know what would cause my receiver(P.E 43TX) to overheat. I mean so hot I think its gonna melt the aluminum on top(it burns my hand to touch it). I run the receiver at very reasonable levels and I am running 8 ohm speakers all around and my fronts are very effecient(92db 1w 1m). Isnt there a fan inside?
Many many thanks.It has been happening for a while now I would have posted sooner but there was bord problems. I dont want to run my receiver anymore becasue I dont want to risk wrecking it. Thanks in Advance.

Derek
Is this thing in a wall unit or in a stack of A/V equipment. That's usually what will cause this type of heat build-up. If it's out in the open you may have to get a fan. See http://www.papst.de/english/products_luefter_acaxial01.html. Papst makes the quietest fans in the world. I've had to use a few in a couple of wall units just to get a little air moving.

Hope this helps.

G.DawG
Thanks its on top of my projection TV, so its very out in the open .How do the fans hook up to the amp?

Hawk
G.DawG:

I am very sorry to hear you are having a problem! Is the receiver ever shutting itself down--putting itself into protection mode?

Derek
The fans are 115 Volt AC. You would have to add a standard power cord and plug it into any power socket - like the switched AC jack on the back of your receiver.

G.DawG
No it hasnt ever shut itself down. But even my old Pioneer Elite or Kenwood never got nearly this hot. Should I take it in to the repair shop and have them look at it? I have heard of hot running amps before which are usualy high current.But my amp shouldnt run that hot should it?

G.DawG
Elitefan:

Does your Pioneer 45TX ever get this hot? And what impedance speakers are you running?Thanks

Hawk
G.DawG:

I am not there so I can't say whether your amp is running too hot or not, but you may want to take it to the repair shop just to see what they say. You might have to leave it to allow it to warm up. I think it is better to be safe than sorry later on.

G.DawG
I did run it today(after disconnecting and reconnecting all the wires)for a little while with some music(ZZ Top-Under Pressure)at a very low level and then every once in a while I turned the volume up a bit until it was fairly loud(it wasnt running that hot anymore) so I just kept running it and kept checkin the temperature. I think it was a problem with the wires or something.But thanks all for your help!I may still buy a fan anyways though.

G.DawG
P.S--I am thinking about buying the Klipsch RF-5 or 7's Anyone recomend against this for a 43TX?

Hawk
I would recommend the Klipsch for your Pioneer Elite. I happen to think it is a good combo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us