Is this a good deal for my home karaoke system?

Username: Duckpond

Post Number: 1
I am currently using Sony DAV-LF1 for karaoke, but thinking of buying a dedicated system. I came across this listing:
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/msg/226923748.html

Looks like they are more of a DJ or live perfomance type equipments. My questions are: is this system good for home karaoke? wouldn't 200W+ too much for a 15 ft. by 15 ft. room? is this a good price for it's conditions?

The PA is a discontinued model, while the Yamaha loudspeakers is still in the market, a brand new pair sales for approximately $300.

Thanks,

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11437
Home audio systems are not that great with Karaoke specially the type of home theater you are using. That system should work a whole lot better than what you are currently using.

I wouldn't worry too much about the wattage.

Post Number: 2
price-wise? what would you say?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4509
That ain't bad, Ducky, a cd-g player will keep the A/V in time a bit better, the eq should have 2 channels to filter vocals if you want a second, more musical section(not your Sony, It'll die).
Looks OK.

Post Number: 4
Hmmm... sounds positive. I guess it's time to contact the seller now.

Speaking of karaoke system, I haven't even tried CD-G. My system is more like those KTV bars seen in many Asian cities: computer hard drive hosts thousands of compressed mpeg music files (about 1TG), videos are usually made specially for the songs, performed by the singers. The files are managed by VOD software, with remote controller, you can easily choose songs by genre, singers, languages, etc. Videos are output to TV, audios are output to a karaoke mixer before going to the amp, so that the microphone effects can be mixed. Vocal track can be suppressed.

Isn't that cool? I figure it's more entertaining than CD-Gs, hehe....

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4522
yup.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us