Need help setting up Sansui SR525 Turntable

Username: Pyrensyth

Post Number: 7
Hi, I recently bought a Sansui SR525 Turntable off ebay, it's fitted with a Stanton 500 MKII cartridge.
First of all does anyone know how to adjust the height of the tonearm on this model? Also, is there any particular rule I can follow to get the tonearm to the right height for this cartridge? I've read that the tonearm should be horizontal to the platter, however, it's already sloping down at the moment. I've also read, however, that the base of the cartridge should be horizontal to the platter, at the moment its sloping backwards slightly. Any help with this matter would be much appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3979

James - Your questions are all things a dealer should be ablt to help you with. Have you read the owner's manual?

Old Ears
Unregistered guest
The arm vertical pivot should be in the same plane or slightly above the vinyl surface -- whatever the arm tube location -- to minimize warp wow. Once that's set, the cartridge can be shimmed or its ears bent to get close to the right angle (my old Thorens table's headshells came with a set of nine pairs of shims and screws for the purpose).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us