IS IT WORTH SWICHING FROM KENWOOD 6060 TO 6070

KELVIN
I HAVE A KENWOOD 6060 AND WONDER IF IT WORTH UPGRADING TO 6070 JUST FOR THX. I KNOW THAT NOT MUCH MOVIES USE THX BUT IS IT WORTH THE UPGRADE
FOR THIS FEATURE?

OH ONE MORE THING WHY DOES MY 6060 HAVE THE LOGO
THX IN LCD DISPLAYED IF THIS RECIVER DOES NOT HAVE THIS DECODER? OR IT DOES BUT CERTIFIED

Please see the following post by a reputable poster (eclypse) who has the Kenwood 6070. I asked him to compare THX-EX with DD-EX during the same passages in a DVD. His reply is excellent, and honest. To me, there's NO reason to upgrade (from a sonic/FX perspective) unless it makes you feel better to see THX on screened onto the face of your receiver.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/771.html

-h1pst3r

Something to know about that review is he compared the different modes on the same reciever. I've been comparing the VR-6060 and VR-6070. The VR-6070 has "active speaker equalization", "Bass managment" ect to boot! This may improve sound no matter what mode you listen to.

But then I don't have one yet so you may want to go more with what these guy say. Just food for though!

The 6070's THX gives you a sixth active speaker in DD 5.1, which is nice. And the 6070 has pre-outs for all 8 channels, aside from any possible benefits of THX. Add a stereo amp for 7.1, with delays adjustable separately for the two back surrounds.

Greg

Jonathon,

The 6060 and 6070 are *identical* except for THX select in the 6070. That's why Eclypses comparision is relevent.

-h1pst3r

h1pst3r,

They're not identical, as you would see if you looked at my post just above. However, if there is no need for pre-outs, and if you decide the THX filters are not useful, then the 6060 and 6070 may well be functionally equivalent. They both have "equalization" (whatever that is, exactly) and so far as I know do bass management the same way.

Greg

Greg,

Oops didn't know about the pre-outs. Thanks.

-h1pst3r
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us