I need help with CD-R Audio Recorder - AIWA XC-RW700

Username: Vinyliszt

New York, NY United States

Post Number: 1
Hello all: A newbie here. I just acquired a CD/CD dual-tray recorder, an AIWA XC-RW700. I got it mainly to dub my approx. 100 cassettes to CD-R. I will also dub CD to CD but mainly to dub short commercial CDs such as Rhino rip-off compilations that last only about a 1/2 hour. So I'd like to put 2 of those on 1 CD.

However, and here is why I'm posting my question. I do not see anywhere in the instructions on how to dub more than 1 CD to CD. IOW, I don't know how or if it's possible to dub more than one CD since the instructions say that you cannot pause (pause symbol: II) during CD to CD dubbing.

BUT, when the playing CD is finished and there's plenty of recordable room on the recording CD, and I don't FINALIZE the recording CD, can I take out the played CD, insert another one and continue recording? Or not?

Do any of you know any tricks to allow one to continue recording using another source (play) CD?

Or am I stuck with not being able to put more than one CD on a recording CD?

Also, while I'm at it, if I wanted to record less than the a whole CD, can I select tracks to record? These questions are not addressed in the manual.

I hope I didn't confuse you with my questions but if you need me to clarify a point please ask. TIA.

Vinyliszt

Username: Vinyliszt

New York, NY United States

Post Number: 2
I solved my own problem. I went to a local thrift store and there was an Onkyo DX-702 CD player for $10. It has DIGITAL/OPTICAL out. I bought it. I went to RADIO SHACK and bought a DIGITAL cable for CD players, $16. Since I'm not restricted now to the direct CD to CD workings of my recorder, I can pause the recorder and replace the playing CD as many times as I want. I can now make compilation CDs from CDs. Yahoo!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us