Onkyo TX-NR901 or Denon AVR 3806 or 4806 ?

Username: Crawdad77

Omaha, Nebraska Usa

Post Number: 1
Please advise
Thank You.

Omaha, Nebraska Usa

Post Number: 2
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2105
Have you heard them. If you have, chose the one that sounds best to you. If you're just asking for preferences I prefer the Denon.

Omaha, Nebraska Usa

Post Number: 3
the ability to process data music files from the network is of great importance in my decisionmaking.
Obviously both recievers are clear quality or should I be looking at Pioneer? HK? Is the Denon able to play wma, or mp3?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2109
http://usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/11.asp

If this doesn't answer your questions perhaps you can send them an email for more info.

Omaha, Nebraska Usa

Post Number: 4
My Onkyo TS-DX787 is in the shop with a 430.00 price tag to fix a power surge incident. The unit performed exceptionally, but I believe I can get better sound quality. XM is of definate interest as well as the ability to playback music stored on the hard drive. Multi zone is a must and 10 speakers playing all at once or split 6/4. Why does the feedback concerning Onkyo seem to be so negative at times? I have had great luck with pushing that 787 for hrs. on end at almost max volume 6 channels. Denon appears to be overpriced comparitively or are they just that good?

Omaha, Nebraska Usa

Post Number: 5
Yes Art thank you for your time.
It does not appear that the 3806 allows network protocol. but the flagship units do.

Decisions decisions
Maybe I should go component
Fix the 787 and turn it into a preamp and power the center channel, and zone 2. Then buy two amps one for the front speakers and one for the rear?

Omaha, Nebraska Usa

Post Number: 6
Help Help Help!

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2112
Richard check out the Yamaha RX-V2600. Perhaps it has the features you need. I haeding out of town right now so I don't have time to look it up. Back later this evening.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 723
Many issues have to do with price. Some of the newer receivers have various digital connections for modern installations--HDMI on dvd players that can connect to a receiver or directly to an HDTV. Fire-wire (i-link) that is great for connecting from universal dvd players to firewire (i-link) equipped receivers--transfers on a single cable any digital formats from cd stereo to dvd-a, sacd, surrounds, and others. Also if you have a D-VHS (mostly made by JVC and Mitsubishi) for HD tapes the connections are invariably i-link. The power of the amplification--many amps list 7 x 100 watts but deliver only 40 watts when all channels driven. Some have XM radio connects, IPOD connects, ethernet for connecting for internet network protocol--computer radio and other things.

It all depends on the features and power you need or want (or can afford) and whether you want THX or not. Or even THX Ultra 2 (the top dog currently in the THX group).

It depends if you want to live what what fulfills your current needs or what may fulfill future needs and upgrades.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us