KEF or Dynaudio for my NAD 773

Username: Patron

Post Number: 3
I am beetwen KEF XQ5,XQ2c and XQ1 or Audience 72, 122c and Audience 42. Wich combo would better for movies? I know that for music both are good enough for me. I am having a hard time deciding which center channel is better.
I want a really good center channel.
Help please

Silver Member
Username: Rick_b

New york Usa

Post Number: 128
Patron,

Congrats on a truly fine receiver choice. I feel the Dynaudio is a great match with the NAD. I also feel that the bookshelf speakers are superior to the floorstanders(price vs performance). Check out the 52's for the fronts instead of the 72's. I always found the floorstanders in the line bass shy, so if you use a sub with the 52's you can save some money, and still have great sound.

Kef makes fine speakers, but Dynaudio gets the nod here. Good luck.

Username: Patron

Post Number: 6
Thanks a lot Mr, Barnes,

I am also looking for the best subwoofer my NAD T773 could drive, I have 2k for it.

I have some doubts about the Audience 122c for my center channel, I want a very good center channel, any recommendations?

Thanks againg.

Silver Member
Username: Lockaudio801

Post Number: 113
patron,

Hi hmmm since both the Kef's and the Dyna's tickles your fancy, then the most cost effective choice is the way to go considering all things being equal (In the sight of God and Man..hehe).

My choice however if I may suggest is to go with the Dyna's. The Danes makes it like nobody else. It's like a native handicraft to them.
Rick is correct you did buy smart on the NAD.

Silver Member
Username: Rick_b

New york Usa

Post Number: 146
Patron,

With your stated budget, you have many fine choices in a sub. I have always been a Velodyne man. However, other good choices are M&K, Rel, and Bag End.

I would stay with the 122c center channel. I can't stress the importance of voice or timbre matching all your speakers.

St. Louis Blues
Unregistered guest
How would a 122c/52 front/42 rear/ hsu VTF-3 setup sound? Would be driven by my NAD T-763 receiver/ Pioneer 563A DVD player. Room size isn't huge (current Polk Rm-6600 setup doesn't strain- unless really pushed). Am I giving anything up by not going with towers up fron (say 72's etc.)? I like not having the bigger boxes up front- but if I am going to spend the money- I don't want to sacrafice performance. (btw- 80% home theater/tv / 20% music (rock))

Does this system compare to a more 'traditional' tower/sat setup - ala- PSB (Image 5T/ 9C/ 2B surround)? (which is on sale now)

Getting ready to upgrade - any help would be appreciated!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us