Help with my Technics SL-BD35 Please.

Username: Johnpaul

St. Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 2
I have a problem that started today. I have an old Technics SL-bd35 that has "preset" anti-skating settings on it. It played fine until today and now it skates accross brand new vinyl (and older vinyl) The belt for it broke a few weeks ago, and I replaced it with a 23.6" a few days ago. I ended up ordering the belt online, but in my quest for a local merchant selling belts..I found one after I had ordered it... I bought a new stylus for the existing cartridge hoping to improve the sound quality. I am a total amateur when it comes to analog, and I am learning more and more every day. Could I have put the stylus on wrong that would give me this skating? I was careful not to touch or damage it while I put it on. Is the screw that holds the p-mount cartridge an adjustment screw? Is there any way to adjust the anti skate even though this turntable came "factory adjusted? How? One last thing..I played a few records right away when I got it up and running again and it did not skate. It did however have a really bad hum when I turned the volume up. Is this a precursor to a bad stylus or a faulty setting/adjustment? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks so much. johnpaul
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us