Speaker to go with vsx49 txi

Railwayman
Unregistered guest
I'm looking to upgrade my speakers, what would match best with my vsx49txi, I currently run Polk
rt1000p, cs245, fxi300 and nht sb3 for surround back.
TX

Username: Levike

Cathedral City, California USA

Post Number: 3
Hey

Since you've got the Pioneer Elite 49TXi I would recommend Definitve Technology speakers.
The 49 TXi is an excellent receiver, I own the 43TX and I am very pleased.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 337
What is your budget and room size?

Railwayman
Unregistered guest
My room is 12'x26' and I'm looking to spend 3k for fronts and a center

Silver Member

Post Number: 342
First of all I like your current Polks and would think they would sound very good with the 49txi.
In my area the best speakers to pair with any Elite receiver are Monitor Audio and Dynaudio. Both are exceptionally clean and dynamic and sonically match perfectly with Elite. The Def Techs are certainly worth a serious audition since they make so many excellent models that will fit your budget and space. Even though I personally do not like the current Klipsch line I think you might want to hear them also. I would not pair a Elite with either Paradigm or PSB as both are to laid back. B&W might also be worth a serious listen. My local Elite dealers often pairs Elite and B&W, a bit to laid back for me but not to the level of Paradigm and PSB.
These are just the brands in my area so maybe there is something else in your area to check out also. After all we are all sort of stuck with what is available in our areas. I would love to hear the current Snells but no dealers anywhere close. Good luck.

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
First of all I like your current Polks and would think they would sound very good with the 49txi.
In my area the best speakers to pair with any Elite receiver are Monitor Audio and Dynaudio. Both are exceptionally clean and dynamic and sonically match perfectly with Elite. The Def Techs are certainly worth a serious audition since they make so many excellent models that will fir your budget and space. Even though I personally do not like the current Klipsch line I think you might want to hear them also. I would not pair a Elite with either Paradigm or PSB as both are to laid back. B&W might also be worth a serious listen. My local Elite dealers often pairs Elite and B&W, a bit to laid back for me but not to the level of Paradigm and PSB.
These are just the brands in my area so maybe there is something else in your area to check out also. After all we are all sort of stuck with what is available in our areas. I would love to hear the current Snells but no dealers anywhere close. Good luck.

Username: Sully

Post Number: 1
I ran a similar Polk system (RT1000p, CS400i, RT25i) with an Elite VSX-47TX for quite a while until the upgrade bug bit. After quite a bit of testing I ended up buying Vienna Acoustics mains, center and surrounds and they're fantastic. In fact, I've canned the separates notion for now. It'd cost a small fortune to improve the sound. IMHO, it's very important to listen to speakers through the same equipment you'll be using and if possible in your room.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us