Parasound Halo C2 +2205 AT Purchase. Help ! Help !

Username: Hteac

Post Number: 19
All,

I'm interested in purchasing the Parasound Halo C2 + HCA 2205 AT combo for my MA gold. ref speakers.

On Nov 7th., there was a thread under "Receivers -> Denon AVR5803, Sony str-da9000es Yamaha Z9" in which a gentleman by the name of Jon stated that he purchased the above mentioned combo for $3800.00.

Can Jon or anyone tell me where I can get a good deal on this combo ?

Thanks in advance.

Any other comments are also welcome.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 131
You might want to search the www.audiogon.com for used. There you will find items that will beat the parasound.

Parasound lower end stuff is a good value, but for that money, you can do better. They sound a little artificial and metallic to be considered high end.

For that money, you can get a krell or a Levinson amp (ebay). Check the seller's rating on the upper right hand corner, and talk to him b4 beeding to make sure no issues.

You can do better for that kind of money.

If set on parasound, check this used one out:

http://www.superpawn.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=SuperPawn&category%5Fname=St ereo+Amplifiers&product%5Fid=1174190

Username: Britton_johnson

Post Number: 1
I have a Parsound Halo C2 and HCA 2205 Amplifier I am putting up for sale. $3800 would be my bottom dollar for both. Let me know if you are interested. Btw the amplifier is the 2205A, not the 2205AT. Not sure what the difference is but this setup sounds really good.

Username: Hteac

Post Number: 21
Thanks James and Britton.

I ordered Parasound HCA 2205AT a couple of days after posting my original message.

I've decided to go for Anthems AVM20 in place of the Halo C2.

I just hope that this will be a good combination.

Thanks again.

Post Number: 2
Other than the numerous software updates (which indicates good support) I have heard nothing but good about the AVM20. I think the Parasound is better looking but both the Anthem and Halo are both great Processors. You cant go wrong with the 2205 either. I have been extremely happy with mine. Good luck and happy listening!

Jeff from IN
Unregistered guest
Britton, are you still selling the C2 and why? I'm looking for a quality processor to mate with M&K s150 speakers and all Rotel amplification. What would you offer the C2 by itself for? Thanks for the reply.

Post Number: 3
Jeff, I need to sell a lot of my prized posessions (not just electronics) as I am about to take a pay cut. I am an Airline Pilot and about to get my pay cut in half. If I can get the time I will be putting some of my stuff on Audiogon, Ebay, etc pretty soon. I would sell the C2 for $3000.

Username: Gman

Post Number: 84
Good luck on all accounts. But it will be tough to sell the Parasound C-2 for $3,000. On Audiogon bluebook the new $4,000 C-2 lists for $2,130 used. Which means there is usually a range of $1900-$2350. Of course the lowest price might have a blemish.

Post Number: 4
Thats interesting. I havent seen a C2 listed anywhere for that price. In fact the lowest price I have seen anywhere was Audiogon selling for 3-3200k used. My C2 doesnt even have have the plastic off the remotes yet and is a 10 out of 10 in condition. I am confident I will be able to sell for $3000. Just curious where Audiogon gets their numbers. Is this their percieved value? If no can you point me toward a C2 anywhere for those prices? Thanks, Britton

Post Number: 85
I imagine Audiogon gets their numbers from sales that occur on the site and possibly other sites if that info is available.

It is possible when the model is very recent and there isn't significant data they might extrapolate from their knowledge of what the unit costs the dealers from Parasound and depending on their view of the quality of the equipment and the condition it is in vary the price from 5-10% above dealer cost for mint condition to 20% below cost for scratches and dings.

But it is difficult on very recent models that don't have big sales or turnover. Ask what you will--this is like an audiophiles capitalists bazaar.

Quite often it depends on how available the component is new. Unless the dealer is selling a lot at cost, it is quite easy to take the store manager aside and offer 20-25% off --I have often got high end compnents by doing that. The trick is--always be willing to nicely say goodbye if they say no. Just say I will ask elsewhere or get other comparable equipment with someone that will deal. But thanks anyway.

Anyway--you might well get $3,000 or even more. Or you might get $2500. Depends how much someone is willing to pay for used equipment that they want. If they are emotionally married to it--you may get $3,000--or more.

Post Number: 5
Sale pending.

Post Number: 90
congratulations--I hope it goes through.

Post Number: 6
Sold!!! Four people contacted me from my posts here. The high "bidder" ($3175) is the new owner of a brand new C2. I believe he will be very happy with this unit. I wished I could have kept it myself.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 186
Britton,

You might want to look at cambridge sound sight - they have surprisingly good sounding systems at affordable prices - You can get good sound for not much money these days if you know the products to get.

Post Number: 7
Thanks James, I will look into it.

Unregistered guest
i have one Parasound HALO C-2 i am selling it for 3000 $ if anyone is interested please mail me at my mail johny@web-market.us
the price inlcudes shipping, and it is going to be shipped from Germany.
It is brand new and it comes with one year worldwide warranty.

i will wait your mails.

thank you.

ACROBAT
Unregistered guest
Don't believe SCOTT JOHNSON...he is just a CHEAT!!!i asked him to have a safe business via escrow (THE OFFICIAL EBAY SERVICE FOR SAFE BUSINESS--you pay the controller to them before he shipp it..and than when you receive it they pay the seller)...but he didn't want...i told him i would give more money than he asked to have safe business (300 EURO MORE!!!) but he just wanted money before shipping me the controller...so i asked him his phone number and the serial number of the processor three times and he didn't give me!than...here in the forum he asked 3000$ but he after asked me only 1000 EURO!Very strange or not?? DON'T BELIEVE HIM!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us