Are ...

Sherwood receivers any good????

Derek
They are OK. I have one (and two Denons) and for the $100 I paid, it was a good deal considering it has 5 amps and Dolby Digital.

Not a killer receiver mind you but add a $100 progressive scan 2:3 pulldown DVD and one of those inexpensive little JBL or AR 5.1 speaker systems and you are in Home Theature business for under $500.

Hope this helps.

The reason I asked was that I have just recently purchased a "Sherwood RD-7108R 6.1 av receiver" and was wondering what the general concensus was regarding Sherwood receivers.I must say after watching my first dvd last night in DTS-ES 6.1 discrete format {Blade II} I'm impressed. Fantastic sound all round, great channel seperation it completely blew me away.The Dolby Digital EX and DTS-ES matrix sound formats are also great for regular 5.1 movies and DTS NEO,PLII,Dolby Virtual and various DSP modes to expand the stereo format .All in all a great receiver.Anyway thanks for your input.

Anonymous
I own the Sherwood Newcastle 963 and at it's price point about 1500 I would say it blows all the others away. 7.1 fully powered, and the sound for music is sweet. I can't vouch for the lower end Sherwood but the Newcastle line is a great product
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us